Manuscript/Mixed Material Marc Blitzstein to Leonard Bernstein, August 15, 1952
About this Item
- Marc Blitzstein to Leonard Bernstein, August 15, 1952
- Subject Headings
- - Blitzstein, Marc
- - excerpt: "Your letter is full of good spirits. The modest expression of what must have been an enormous satisfaction, in the success of "Trouble in Tahiti", does you credit Of course Evita Peron can make a fine operatic subject "
- 1 page.
- Music Division
- Shelf Location
- Box/Folder 8/30
- Access Condition
- Courtesy Kurt Weill Foundation - David Stein
- Online Format
- Correspondence. 1 page. | excerpt: "Your letter is full of good spirits. The modest expression of what must have been an enormous satisfaction, in the success of "Trouble in Tahiti", does you credit Of course Evita Peron can make a fine operatic subject "
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to The Leonard Bernstein Collection ca. 1920-1989 for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Note that there may be U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or other restrictions in the materials in The Leonard Bernstein Collection ca.1920-1989 materials, and there may be content protected by copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. See our Legal Notices and Privacy & Publicity Rights for additional information.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Music Division
The following items are included in The Leonard Bernstein Collection ca. 1920-1989, with the permission as noted:
Bernstein Family Correspondence
Bernstein Photo Gallery, 1920s-1942
Bernstein Photo Gallery, 1943-1945
Bernstein Photo Gallery, 1946
Bernstein Photo Gallery, 1947
Bernstein Photo Gallery, 1948
Bernstein Photo Gallery, 1949
Bernstein Photo Gallery, 1950-1953
Bernstein Photo Gallery, 1955-1957
Bernstein Photo Gallery, 1960s
Bernstein Photo Gallery, 1970s
Bernstein Photo Gallery, 1980s
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Marc Blitzstein to Leonard Bernstein. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/musbernstein.100060438/.
APA citation style:
Marc Blitzstein to Leonard Bernstein. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/musbernstein.100060438/.
MLA citation style:
Marc Blitzstein to Leonard Bernstein. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/musbernstein.100060438/>.