Book/Printed Material Dancing and prompting, etiquette and deportment of society and ball room
About this Item
- Dancing and prompting, etiquette and deportment of society and ball room
- Bonstein -- Professor
Created / Published
- White, Smith & Co., Boston, [c1884], monographic.
- - Ballroom dancing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- - Etiquette
- - Dance Instruction and Technical Manuals
- - Prompting Quadrilles
- - [By] Professor Bonstein [pseud.] (statement of responsibility)
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile page images and full text. (additional physical form)
- electronic resource
- 48 p. 17 cm.
- Music Division
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
- Video Directory | Articles and Essays | An American Ballroom Companion: Dance Instruction Manuals, ca. 1490 to 1920 | Digital Collections
- Nineteenth Century Social Dance | Western Social Dance: An Overview of the Collection | Articles and Essays | An American Ballroom Companion: Dance Instruction Manuals, ca. 1490 to 1920 | Digital Collections
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the materials in this collection.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The accompanying videos were produced by the Library of Congress. Note Video Performers for additional credits for video performers.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Performers for the October 1997 Great Hall event: Dancers
Members of The Jonquil Street Foundation, Inc. Ariane Anthony, Thomas Baird, Barbara Barr, Patricia Beaman, Christopher Caines, Charles Garth, James Martin, Maris Wolff. Musicians - members of The Library of Congress Centennial Cotillion Brass Band, Emerson Head and Robert Sheldon, Leaders (Members, Metro Washington D.C. Federation of Musicians Local 161-710, AFM.)
Performers for the Coolidge Auditorium clips: Dancers
Cheryl Stafford and Thomas Baird. Musicians - Boris Gurevitch (piano), Susan Manus (violin).
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bonstein. Dancing and Prompting, Etiquette and Deportment of Society and Ball Room. [White, Smith & Co., Boston, monographic, 1884] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/musdi.002/.
APA citation style:
Bonstein. (1884) Dancing and Prompting, Etiquette and Deportment of Society and Ball Room. [White, Smith & Co., Boston, monographic] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/musdi.002/.
MLA citation style:
Bonstein. Dancing and Prompting, Etiquette and Deportment of Society and Ball Room. [White, Smith & Co., Boston, monographic, 1884] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/musdi.002/>.