Notated Music 15e.[-30e.] recueil des contre-danses et walzes Recueil des contre-danses et walzes / 28e. recueil des contre-danses et waltzes
About this Item
- 15e.[-30e.] recueil des contre-danses et walzes
- Other Title
- Recueil des contre-danses et walzes
- 28e. recueil des contre-danses et waltzes
- Contributor Names
- Clarchies, Louis Julien -- 1769-1814
- Created / Published
- Chez Frere, A Paris, [179-?-1815?], monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Violin music (Violins (2)) -- Scores
- - Country-dances -- France
- - Country-dance -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- - Waltzes -- France
- - Waltz -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- - Dance Instruction and Technical Manuals
- - Music for Dance
- - par Louis Julien Clarchies. (statement of responsibility)
- - Principally for 2 violins.
- - Title from t.p. of recueil 15 (the number is in ms. on the engraved t.p.).
- - Recueil 28 has variant publisher statement: Chez Frere père.
- - Each vol. of 45 p. contains several contre-danses, each accompanied by dance instructions, followed by several waltzes and (in most vols.) other dances.
- - Pl. no.: 1/30 J.
- - LC set consists of recueils 12-13, 16-17, 20, 23, 25-26, and 28 bound together in reverse numerical order; only recueil 28 has retained its t.p. Between recueils 23 and 20 is bound a similar unidentified vol. (without pl. no.) containing contre-danses by Julien (Clarchies) and 4 other composers and unattributed waltzes.
- - Recueil 28 available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile page images. (additional physical form)
- electronic resource
- 1 score (30[?] v.) ; 19 cm.
- Music Division
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Clarchies, Louis Julien
Dance Instruction and Technical Manuals
Handbooks, Manuals, Etc
Music for Dance
Violin Music (Violins (2))
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the materials in this collection.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The accompanying videos were produced by the Library of Congress. Note Video Performers for additional credits for video performers.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Performers for the October 1997 Great Hall event: Dancers
Members of The Jonquil Street Foundation, Inc. Ariane Anthony, Thomas Baird, Barbara Barr, Patricia Beaman, Christopher Caines, Charles Garth, James Martin, Maris Wolff. Musicians - members of The Library of Congress Centennial Cotillion Brass Band, Emerson Head and Robert Sheldon, Leaders (Members, Metro Washington D.C. Federation of Musicians Local 161-710, AFM.)
Performers for the Coolidge Auditorium clips: Dancers
Cheryl Stafford and Thomas Baird. Musicians - Boris Gurevitch (piano), Susan Manus (violin).
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Clarchies, Louis Julien. [15e.-30e. Recueil Des Contre-Danses Et Walzes]. [Chez Frere, A Paris, 179-?-?, monographic, 1815] Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/50044987/. (Accessed February 24, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Clarchies, L. J. (1815) [15e.-30e. Recueil Des Contre-Danses Et Walzes]. [Chez Frere, A Paris, 179-?-?, monographic] [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/50044987/.
MLA citation style:
Clarchies, Louis Julien. [15e.-30e. Recueil Des Contre-Danses Et Walzes]. [Chez Frere, A Paris, 179-?-?, monographic, 1815] Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/50044987/>.