Photo, Print, Drawing Horse Play (48 Photographs)
About this Item
- Horse Play (48 Photographs)
Created / Published
- photographic negative file
- - Federal Theatre Project Collection: Production Records-Photographic Negatives File.
- - The Photographic Negatives File is a collection of approximately 9,000 negatives, mainly from the New York, NY units, documenting over 200 productions and also covering various ethnic groups and their neighborhoods, newspaper reviews, radio shows, the circus, WPA arts projects, puppet shows, hospital scenes, personalities, etc. The negatives are either 4 inches by 5 inches or 5 inches by 7 inches.
- 48 photographic negatives.
- Music Division Music Division
- Federal Theater Project Collection Box 1217
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
Restriction and Notice Statement
The Library of Congress is not aware of any copyright in the materials in the Federal Theatre Project collection. Generally speaking, works created by U.S. Government employees, including for the Federal Theatre Project, are not eligible for copyright protection in the United States. The Library of Congress has no objection to their international use. Accordingly, such works are free to use and reuse.
However, the Library of Congress has not specifically analyzed whether every item in the Federal Theatre Project Collection is a U.S. government work. Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Privacy and publicity rights may apply. In particular, the Library of Congress is grateful to the family of Orson Welles for their cooperation in the presentation of materials in this collection. For permission to use images of Orson Welles in any commercial manner, please contact:
c/o Thomas A. White
8671 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 718
Beverly Hills, CA 90211-2915
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Music Division, Federal Theatre Project Collection.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Horse Play 48 Photographs. , .  Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/musftpnegatives.12170121/.
APA citation style:
Horse Play 48 Photographs. , .  [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/musftpnegatives.12170121/.
MLA citation style:
Horse Play 48 Photographs.  Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/musftpnegatives.12170121/>.