Photo, Print, Drawing Andre Kostelanetz with Irving Berlin, January 1950
About this Item
- Andre Kostelanetz with Irving Berlin, January 1950
- Darby, Eileen
Created / Published
- - Darby, Eileen (statement of responsibility)
- - 1284/2
- - Berlin and Kostelanetz reviewing music manuscript during a recording session for the album, The Music of Irving Berlin.
- - Inscribed to Andre Kostelanetz by Irving Berlin
- - Eileen Darby Photo
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n81079447
- https://hdl.loc.gov/loc.music/muskostelanetz.1005046 (electronic resource)
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to The Andre Kostelanetz Collection for educational and research purposes. The Library has obtained permission for the use of many materials in the Collection, and presents additional materials for educational and research purposes in accordance with fair use under United States copyright law. Researchers should watch for modern documents that may be copyrighted (for example, published in the United States more than 95 years ago, or unpublished and the author died less than 70 years ago) .
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You are also responsible for securing any permissions needed to use the items. You will need written permission from the copyright owners of materials not in the public domain for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some content may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
The following items are included in The Andre Kostelanetz Collection with permission as noted:
General Credit for Andre Kostelanetz Materials
Correspondence by and performances of Andre Kostelanetz used by permission of the Royalty Pool of Andre Kostelanetz.
Address: Bob Frank and Lucy Kostelanetz, administrators of Royalty Pool, 924 West End Ave, #122, New York, NY 10025.
"How I Prepare a Radio Program: An Interview with the Celebrated Conductor Andre Kostelanetz" by Doron K. Antrim originally appeared in The Etude 59:1(January 1941), pp. 11, 64. It is reprinted with permission of Theodore Presser Company.
"Color in the Popular Orchestra: An Interview with Andre Kostelanetz" by Rose Heylbut originally appeared in The Etude. 62: 12 (December 1944) pp. 683-684. It is reprinted with permission of Theodore Presser Company.
"Kostelanetz: An Overview," by Dick O'Connor originally appeared in James H. North, Andre Kostelanetz on Records and on the Air: A Discography and Radio Log. Lanham, MD: Scarecrow Press, 2011. pp. ix-xvi. It is reprinted with permission of Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group.
Music from the following Columbia recordings is used with permission from Sony Music Entertainment.
- Andre Kostelanetz Conducts the Music of Alan Hovhaness, 1977
- Hudson River Suite, 1955
- Last Tango in Paris / Oh, Babe, What Would You Say, 1973
- Lure of the Tropics, 1953
- Music of George Gershwin, 1955
- Music of Irving Berlin, 1950
- Music of Jerome Kern, 1955
- The Kostelanetz Sound of Today, 1967
- You Light Up My Life, 1977
Excerpts from the following CBS Radio programs are used Courtesy of Entercom.
- Chesterfield Presents
- Concert for the Canadian War Effort
- Ford Sunday Evening Hour
- Kostelanetz Live from the Front
- Music Millions Love
- Music of the Two Americas
- Pause that Refreshes on the Air
- So You Want to Be. . . A Conductor
- Tune-up Time
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Darby, Eileen. Andre Kostelanetz with Irving Berlin, January. United States, . Monographic. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/muskostelanetz.1005046/.
APA citation style:
Darby, E. Andre Kostelanetz with Irving Berlin, January. United States, . Monographic. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/muskostelanetz.1005046/.
MLA citation style:
Darby, Eileen. Andre Kostelanetz with Irving Berlin, January. Monographic. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/muskostelanetz.1005046/>.