Film, Video The Way the World Works
About this Item
- The Way the World Works
- Hebert, John R. (Curator)
- - Tharp, Marie
- - Plate tectonics
- - Heezen, Bruce C
- - Motion Pictures
- Motion Pictures
- - Marie Tharp and Bruce Heezen were oceanographers, cartographers and geologists at the Lamont-Doherty Earth Science Observatory of Columbia University from the late 1940s to 1977. Marie Tharp's papers in the Geography and Map Division contain more than 32,000 pieces including a handmade globe of the earth showing the ocean floor and the location of the mid-Atlantic Ocean ridge. This globe served to reveal positive data regarding the concept of continental drift and plate tectonics.
- - Presented in Partnership with HISTORY
- Geography And Map Division
- Young Lincoln - With Malice Toward None: The Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Exhibition
- Conservation Corner: Historical Book Repair
- The 19th Amendment at 100: A Conversation with Judy Perry Martinez
- Lincoln's Birthday … And First Inauguration
- Harry Houdini Collection(Selected Special Collections: Rare Book and Special Collections, Library of Congress)
- Columbus and the Taíno - Exploring the Early Americas
- Looking for the Story behind the Documents? View Videos about our Hidden Treasures
- The History Channel at the Library
- Meet the Curators | Articles and Essays | Hidden Treasures at the Library of Congress | Digital Collections
- The Sixteenth President - With Malice Toward None: The Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Exhibition
- Harry Houdini, Ghostbuster: Exploring an Illusionist's Exposés through Primary Sources
- "Now He Belongs to the Ages" - With Malice Toward None: The Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Exhibition
- Convention and Ratification - Creating the United States
- Mona Van Duyn and the Women of the Catbird Seat
- Library of the Unexpected: Cocaine, Hair and…Wedding Cake?
- Prologue - The Civil War in America
- April 1862–November 1862 - The Civil War in America
- November 1863–April 1865 - The Civil War in America
- Lincoln as Commander in Chief - With Malice Toward None: The Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Exhibition
- December 1862–October 1863 - The Civil War in America
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hebert, John R. The Way the World Works. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/myloc7/.
APA citation style:
Hebert, J. R. The Way the World Works. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/myloc7/.
MLA citation style:
Hebert, John R. The Way the World Works. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/myloc7/>.