Map Letter from Senate Chamber to Martin Van Buren, March 2, 1841.
About this Item
- Letter from Senate Chamber to Martin Van Buren, March 2, 1841.
- Contributor Names
- Senate Chamber (United States Capitol, Washington, D.C.) (Author)
- Created / Published
- March 2, 1841
- Subject Headings
- - Van Buren, Martin (1782-1862)
- - Letter
- - Forms part of The Martin Van Buren Papers, 1787 to 1910; for additional information, see: http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mss/eadmss.ms001044
- - Letter regarding arrangements for inauguration.
- - Letter from Senate Chamber to Martin Van Buren, March 2, 1841.
- - Original document scanned in 1999-2000 for the former American Memory presentation “I Do Solemnly Swear”: Presidential Inaugurations (retired 2016).
- Source Collection
- Martin Van Buren Papers, 1787 to 1910
- Manuscript Division
- Online Format
The Library of Congress provides access to manuscripts at the Library of Congress for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The written permission of the copyright owners and/or holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, Martin Van Buren Papers.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Senate Chamber. Letter from Senate Chamber to Martin Van Buren, March 2. March 2, 1841. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/pin1401/.
APA citation style:
Senate Chamber. (1841) Letter from Senate Chamber to Martin Van Buren, March 2. March 2. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/pin1401/.
MLA citation style:
Senate Chamber. Letter from Senate Chamber to Martin Van Buren, March 2. March 2, 1841. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/pin1401/>.
More Maps like this
- Contributor: Morse, Samuel Finley Breese
- Date: 1841
MapNorthern Alabama and Georgia Relief shown by hachures. Slight variant and most recent edition. Accompanied by 2 copies of note "Field map carried by General Sherman on his famous march from Atlanta to the sea, prsented...
- Contributor: Krebs, Charles G. - Lindenkohl, H. (Henry) - United States Coast Survey - Lindenkohl, A.
- Date: 1864
MapMap of the seat of war showing the battles of July 18th, 21st & Oct. 21st ... Similar to no. 564, LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.). Map of the battles of first Manassas and Ball's Bluff, showing troop camps, entrenchments, forts, batteries, positions during engagements, roads, railroads, street...
- Contributor: A. Hoen & Co. - Corbett, V. P.
- Date: 1861
Map[Map of the lower Potomac River showing picket lines, January 1862] Concerns Union and Confederate pickets positioned north and south around Pohick Church and Accotink in Fairfax County, Va., in January 1862. Includes a balloon pictured near Pohick Church and labelled as "Decr....
- Contributor: Sneden, Robert Knox
- Date: 1861
MapMap of the country between the York and James Rivers in 1862 and 1863 : showing ... "From a survey made for Hon. Eli Thayer of Massachusetts, who fixed at this point the site of the city he intended to build in connection with his plan for the free-labor...
- Contributor: Thayer, Eli
- Date: 1863