Manuscript/Mixed Material Inaugural Address, [ca. March 4, 1841], in a contemporary hand.
About this Item
- Inaugural Address, [ca. March 4, 1841], in a contemporary hand.
- Harrison, William Henry, 1773-1841 (Author)
Created / Published
- March 4, 1841
- - Harrison, William Henry, 1773-1841
- - Inaugural address
- Inaugural address.
- - Exposed to extremely cold weather while reading this, the longest inaugural address, President Harrison became ill and died within a month of his inauguration day. He was the first president to die in office.
- - Inaugural Address, [ca. March 4, 1841], in a contemporary hand.
- - Forms part of William Henry Harrison papers, 1734-1939; for additional information, see: http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mss/eadmss.ms009177
- - Original document scanned in 1999-2000 for the former American Memory presentation “I Do Solemnly Swear”: Presidential Inaugurations (retired 2016).
- William Henry Harrison papers
- Manuscript Division
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress provides access to manuscripts at the Library of Congress for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The written permission of the copyright owners and/or holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, William Henry Harrison Papers.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Harrison, William Henry. Inaugural Address, ca. March 4, in a contemporary hand. March 4, 1841. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/pin1402/.
APA citation style:
Harrison, W. H. (1841) Inaugural Address, ca. March 4, in a contemporary hand. March 4. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/pin1402/.
MLA citation style:
Harrison, William Henry. Inaugural Address, ca. March 4, in a contemporary hand. March 4, 1841. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/pin1402/>.