Book/Printed Material Olney hymns in three books
About this Item
- Olney hymns in three books
- Contributor Names
- Newton, John -- 1725-1807 (creator)
- Cowper, William -- 1731-1800
- Pre-1801 Collection, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Library of Congress
- Created / Published
- Printed and sold by W. Oliver, London, 1779, monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Hymns, English -- Texts -- Early works to 1800
- - Preface signed: John Newton.
- - 280 hymns by Newton, 68 by Cowper.--Cf. Dictionary of National Biography.
- - Without music.
- - Errata: p. [xxviii]; publisher's advertisement: p. .
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - Book I. On select texts of scripture.--Book II. On occassional subjects.--Book III. On the progress and changes of the spiritual life.
- xxvii, , 427 p. : front. (ports.) ; 17 cm.
- Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Library of Congress
- Library of Congress Control Number
- LC Classification
- BV370 .N4 1779
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- Cowper, William
- Newton, John
- Pre- Collection, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Library of Congress
- Pre- Imprint Collection (Library of Congress)
- Printed and Sold by W. Oliver
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Newton, John, William Cowper, and Rare Book And Special Collections Division Pre-1801 Collection. Olney Hymns in Three Books. Printed and sold by W. Oliver, London, monographic, 1779. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/pre.79197/.
APA citation style:
Newton, J., Cowper, W. & Pre-1801 Collection, R. B. A. S. C. D. (1779) Olney Hymns in Three Books. Printed and sold by W. Oliver, London, monographic. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/pre.79197/.
MLA citation style:
Newton, John, William Cowper, and Rare Book And Special Collections Division Pre-1801 Collection. Olney Hymns in Three Books. Printed and sold by W. Oliver, London, monographic, 1779. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/pre.79197/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Book/Printed MaterialSacred songs and solos Hymnal. print | unpaged. | Only 2 pages digitized (1 digital image). (Digital Conversion). Print (Form).
- Contributor: Sankey, Ira David - Sankey, Ira D. - Morgan & Scott Ld.
- Date: 1877
Book/Printed MaterialSacred harp Hymnal. print | 461 p. ports. 18 x 26 cm. | Only 1 page digitized (p. 45). (Digital Conversion). Print (Form).
- Contributor: Denson, Paine - Sacred Harp Pu Co. - Denson, Thomas J. - [White, Benjamin Franklin] - King, E. J.
- Date: 1936
Book/Printed MaterialThe Cokesbury hymnal for general use in religious meetings Hymnal. print | 1 v. cm. | Only 1 page digitized. (Digital Conversion). Hymns, with music. Print (Form).
- Contributor: Todd, Harold Hart - Cokesbury Press
- Date: 1923
Book/Printed MaterialThe Southern Harmony, and Musical Companion: Containing a choice collection of tunes, hymns, psalms, odes, and ... Hymnal. print | b. xxxi; 304 pp. cm. | which have never before been published; suited to most of the metres contained in Watt's hymns and psalms, Mercer's Cluster, Dossey's Choice, Dover...
- Contributor: Walker, William - W. Miller
- Date: 1847
Book/Printed MaterialThe Virginia harmony Hymnal. print | obl. cm. | Print (Form).
- Contributor: Samuel H. Davis - Clayton, David L. (David Little) - Carrell, James P. - Clayton, David L.
- Date: 1831