Photos, Prints, Drawings 1994 Maryland State Winner Title of Quilt: Cloissone
About this Item
- 1994 Maryland State Winner
- Other Title
- Title of Quilt: Cloissone
- Contributor Names
- Erlenborn, Dorothy C. (Creator)
- Created / Published
- Issue, Maryland, 1993 - 1994
- Subject Headings
- - Quilting
- - Quilt patterns
- - quilt piecing
- - quilt tops
- - aesthetics
- - batting (textiles)
- - applique quilts
- - hand quilting
- - machine quilting
- - synthetic fabrics
- - art quilts
- - cotton fabrics
- - quilt art
- - medallion quilts
- - Photographs
- - United States -- Maryland -- Issue
- - The following information was supplied by the quiltmaker:
- - Quilt size: 80" x 71"
- - How did you choose the materials used in your quilt? "The materials were chosen to show depth and movement."
- - How long have you been making quilts? How did you learn to quilt? "I have been quilting since 1976. In the beginning, I was a self-taught quilter. Over the years, I have taken advantage of classes, books, and demonstrations."
- - What was your primary reason for entering the Lands' End contest? Do you frequently enter your quilts in competition? "I have entered quilts for competition for about 20 years. I do it for both public recognition and personal satisfaction. Each time I enter a competition, I strive for greater recognition in more prestigious contests. This was my reason for entering the Lands' End contest."
- - Has being a winner in the Land's End contest made a difference in your life? Has it changed the way you look at your work as a quilt maker? "Being a winner in the Lands' End contest, has given me the confidence to teach quilting. I have been teaching quilting for about three years and have found it to be very fulfilling."
- - For rights information please contact the Folklife Reading Room at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.afc/folklife.contact
- Color transparency
- Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1997/011: Folder 9014 P1
- Source Collection
- Lands' End All-American Quilt Collection (AFC 1997/011)
- American Folklife Center
- Online Format
FormatPhotos, Prints, Drawings
ContributorsErlenborn, Dorothy C.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
This collection includes materials from the "All-American Quilt Contest" sponsored by Coming Home, a division of Lands' End and Good Housekeeping. The quilt contest winning entries from 1992 to 1996 are displayed with the permission of Coming Home which retains its rights.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Please cite the source collection title, collection number, and repository, for example:
Blue Ridge Parkway Folklife Project collection, 1977-1981 (AFC 1982/009), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Lands' End all-American quilt collection, 1992-1997 (AFC 1997/011), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Erlenborn, Dorothy C. 1994 Maryland State Winner. Issue, Maryland, - 1994, 1994. Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/qlt000317/. (Accessed December 10, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Erlenborn, D. C. (1994) 1994 Maryland State Winner. Issue, Maryland, - 1994. [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/qlt000317/.
MLA citation style:
Erlenborn, Dorothy C. 1994 Maryland State Winner. Issue, Maryland, - 1994, 1994. Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/qlt000317/>.