Photo, Print, Drawing 1992 Massachusetts State Winner
About this Item
- 1992 Massachusetts State Winner
- Contributor Names
- Bawn, Rosemary (Creator)
- Created / Published
- Needham, Massachusetts, May - October, 1991
- Subject Headings
- - Quilting
- - quilt piecing
- - quilt tops
- - aesthetics
- - batting (textiles)
- - hand quilting
- - machine quilting
- - artistic hobbies
- - commemorative quilts
- - synthetic fabrics
- - art quilts
- - cotton fabrics
- - pictorial quilts
- - quilt art
- - Photographs
- - United States -- Massachusetts -- Needham
- - The following information was supplied by the quiltmaker:
- - Quilt size: 50" x 50"
- - Other techniques used include: "fabric markers to draw background map."
- - How did you choose the materials used in your quilt? "There is nothing as exciting and patriotic as July 4th in Needham. When I read of the 'All American Quilt' Contest, I wanted to picture the 4th of July in Hometown, USA. Somehow, yellow ribbons from Desert Storm Found their way into my quilt also."
- - Quiltmaker's motivation: Commemoration of a public event, "Operation Desert Storm Jan-Feb 1991"
- - What was your primary reason for entering the Lands' End contest? Do you frequently enter your quilts in competition? "I entered the Lands' End contest as a personal challenge. I've been entering a lot of my recent quilts in competitions and shows."
- - For rights information please contact the Folklife Reading Room at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.afc/folklife.contact
- 35mm color slide
- Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1997/011: Folder 8956 P1
- Source Collection
- Lands' End All-American Quilt Collection (AFC 1997/011)
- American Folklife Center
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
FormatPhoto, Print, Drawing
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
This collection includes materials from the "All-American Quilt Contest" sponsored by Coming Home, a division of Lands' End and Good Housekeeping. The quilt contest winning entries from 1992 to 1996 are displayed with the permission of Coming Home which retains its rights.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Please cite the source collection title, collection number, and repository, for example:
Blue Ridge Parkway Folklife Project collection, 1977-1981 (AFC 1982/009), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Lands' End all-American quilt collection, 1992-1997 (AFC 1997/011), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bawn, Rosemary. Massachusetts State Winner. Massachusetts Needham United States, 1992. Needham, Massachusetts, May - October. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/qlt000430/.
APA citation style:
Bawn, R. (1992) Massachusetts State Winner. Massachusetts Needham United States, 1992. Needham, Massachusetts, May - October. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/qlt000430/.
MLA citation style:
Bawn, Rosemary. Massachusetts State Winner. Needham, Massachusetts, May - October. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/qlt000430/>.