Photo, Print, Drawing 1994 Arkansas State Winner
About this Item
- 1994 Arkansas State Winner
- Hattaway, Cesarina (Creator)
Created / Published
- Damascus, Arkansas, August, 1992 - August, 1993
- - Quilting
- - quilt piecing
- - quilt tops
- - aesthetics
- - batting (textiles)
- - applique quilts
- - hand quilting
- - artistic hobbies
- - synthetic fabrics
- - art quilts
- - cotton fabrics
- - pictorial quilts
- - quilt art
- - quilt templates
- - Photographs
- - United States -- Arkansas -- Damascus
- - Quilt size: 87" x 87.5"
- - Where did you learn the pattern? "The pattern is of my own design."
- - How did you choose the materials used in your quilt? "I chose cotton as the material to be used in this quilt because of its workability and ease of maintenance."
- - What was your primary reason for entering the Lands' End contest? Do you frequently enter your quilts in competition? "My primary reason was for personal goal and recognition. I compete every year in local competition."
- - How long have you been making quilts? How did you learn to quilt? "25 years. I taught myself thru trial and error."
- - Has being a winner in the Land's End contest made a difference in your life? Has it changed the way you look at your work as a quilt maker? "No"
- - For rights information please contact the Folklife Reading Room at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.afc/folklife.contact
- Color transparency
Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1997/011: Folder 8997 P1
- Lands' End All-American Quilt Collection (AFC 1997/011)
- American Folklife Center
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
This collection includes materials from the "All-American Quilt Contest" sponsored by Coming Home, a division of Lands' End and Good Housekeeping. The quilt contest winning entries from 1992 to 1996 are displayed with the permission of Coming Home which retains its rights.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Please cite the source collection title, collection number, and repository, for example:
Blue Ridge Parkway Folklife Project collection, 1977-1981 (AFC 1982/009), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Lands' End all-American quilt collection, 1992-1997 (AFC 1997/011), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hattaway, Cesarina. Arkansas State Winner. United States Damascus Arkansas, 1994. Damascus, Arkansas, August, - August, 1993. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/qlt000473/.
APA citation style:
Hattaway, C. (1994) Arkansas State Winner. United States Damascus Arkansas, 1994. Damascus, Arkansas, August, - August, 1993. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/qlt000473/.
MLA citation style:
Hattaway, Cesarina. Arkansas State Winner. Damascus, Arkansas, August, - August, 1993. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/qlt000473/>.