Photo, Print, Drawing "Give Us the Ballot!" The Battle Cry
About this Item
- "Give Us the Ballot!" The Battle Cry
Created / Published
- New York Press, New York City, New York, 1-31-1909 0:00
- - Catt, Carrie Chapman (1859-1947)
- - Shaw, Anna Howard (1847-1919)
- - Harper, Ida Husted (1851-1931)
- - suffrage cartoon
- - Pankhurst, Christabel
- - Pankhurst, Emmeline (1858-1928)
- - Blake, Lillie Devereaux (1857-1913)
- - Buchtel, Governor
- - Repplier, Agnes
- - Leavitt, Ruth Bryan
- - Clippings
- - Drawings
- - Describes women fighting for universal suffrage: Carrie Chapman Catt, Anna H. Shaw, Lillie Devereux Blake and Ida Husted Harper; line drawings of Mrs. Ruth Bryan Leavitt, Gov. Buchtel of Colorado, Agnes Repplier, Emmeline and Crystabel Pankhurst, and open air suffrage meeting in New York Financial Center.
- clipping illustrations
Call Number/Physical Location
- JK1881 .N357 sec. XVI, no. 3-9 NAWSA Coll
- series: Miller NAWSA Suffrage Scrapbooks, 1897-1911; Scrapbook 7 (1908-1909)
- Miller NAWSA Suffrage Scrapbooks, 1897-1911
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- online text
- Miller Nawsa Suffrage Scrapbooks, 1897 to 1911: Miller Nawsa Suffrage Scrapbooks, 1897 to 1911; Scrapbook 7 (1908 to 1909) (313)
- Miller Nawsa Suffrage Scrapbooks, 1897 to 1911 (1,808)
- National American Woman Suffrage Association Collection (1,938)
- Rare Book and Special Collections Division (36,639)
- American Memory (514,882)
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any copyright restrictions in the National Women Suffrage Association Collection. Researchers should watch for modern documents (for example, foreign works and works published in the United States less than 95 years ago, or unpublished if the author died less than 70 years ago) that may be copyrighted.
Responsibility for determining the legal status of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, National American Woman Suffrage Association Collection.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
"Give Us the Ballot!" The Battle Cry. , 1909. New York Press, New York City, New York, 1-31- 0:00. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/rbcmiller002006/.
APA citation style:
(1909) "Give Us the Ballot!" The Battle Cry. , 1909. New York Press, New York City, New York, 1-31- 0:00. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/rbcmiller002006/.
MLA citation style:
"Give Us the Ballot!" The Battle Cry. New York Press, New York City, New York, 1-31- 0:00. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/rbcmiller002006/>.