Book/Printed Material Votes for Women Broadside. Women's Political Union
About this Item
- Votes for Women Broadside. Women's Political Union
- Created / Published
- New York City, New York, 1-28-1911 0:00
- Subject Headings
- - New York State Constitution-suffrage resolution
- - suffrage cartoon
- - suffrage arguments
- - New York Senate
- - Pankhurst, Sylvia
- - Women's Political Union
- - White, Horace
- - ex-convicts
- - Baxter, Martin
- - Broadsides
- - Ex-convicts given power to vote. "Stand Back Ladies" graphic shows policeman holding back Woman with baby and Woman in academic robes to allow ex-convicts in stripped uniforms vote. Convicts out-rank women in New York. Women, as well as ex-convicts, should be allowed to vote.
- - Verso: lists crimes and punishment of 81 convicts pardoned by Gov. White; describes suffrage bills introduced to New York Senate by Newcomb and Stillwell; Sylvia Pankhurst to speak in Albany
- broadside;32.7 x 21.1 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- JK1881 .N357 sec. XVI, no. 3-9 NAWSA Coll
- series: Miller NAWSA Suffrage Scrapbooks, 1897-1911; Scrapbook 9 (1910-1911)
- Source Collection
- Miller NAWSA Suffrage Scrapbooks, 1897-1911
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
- Miller Nawsa Suffrage Scrapbooks, 1897 to 1911: Miller Nawsa Suffrage Scrapbooks, 1897 to 1911; Scrapbook 9 (1910 to 1911) (237)
- Miller Nawsa Suffrage Scrapbooks, 1897 to 1911 (1,808)
- National American Woman Suffrage Association Collection (1,935)
- Rare Book and Special Collections Division (24,078)
- American Memory (501,854)
The Library of Congress is not aware of any copyright restrictions in the National Women Suffrage Association Collection. Researchers should watch for modern documents (for example, foreign works and works published in the United States less than 95 years ago, or unpublished if the author died less than 70 years ago) that may be copyrighted.
Responsibility for determining the legal status of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, National American Woman Suffrage Association Collection.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Votes for Women Broadside. Women's Political Union. New York City, New York, 1-28- 0:00, 1911. Online Text. https://www.loc.gov/item/rbcmiller002522/.
APA citation style:
(1911) Votes for Women Broadside. Women's Political Union. New York City, New York, 1-28- 0:00. [Online Text] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/rbcmiller002522/.
MLA citation style:
Votes for Women Broadside. Women's Political Union. New York City, New York, 1-28- 0:00, 1911. Online Text. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/rbcmiller002522/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Book/Printed MaterialWomen's Political Union Broadside: Trumpeter Awakening New York
- Date: 1911-04-00
Book/Printed MaterialVotes for Women Broadside with graphic of men rocking cradle
- Date: 1911-01-21
Book/Printed MaterialVotes for Women Broadside: Saint George and the Dragon
- Date: 1911-03-04
Book/Printed MaterialWomen's Political Union List of Members of New York Legislature
- Date: 1911-07-00
Book/Printed MaterialSuffrage Week in Albany, February 21-28
- Date: 1911-02-21