Book/Printed Material A winter in California.
About this Item
- A winter in California.
- Mary H. Wills left Norristown, Pennsylvania, to spend the winter of 1888-1889 in Southern California. A winter in California (1889) describes the highlights of her stay: visits to Pasadena, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Riverside, San Diego, Ojai Valley, Monterey, and Yosemite Valley. She shows special interest in climate, mission churches, shops, Chinatowns, hotels and restaurants. Her return rail journey allows a visit to Salt Lake City.
- Wills, Mary H.
Created / Published
- Norristown, Penna. [M.R. Wills] 1889.
- - California--Description and travel
- - California, Southern--Description and travel
- - Ethnic groups--California
- - Women--California
- - Urbanization--California
- - Real estate development--California
- - Religion and ethics--California
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- viii, -150 p. 20 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- F866 .W73
Library of Congress Control Number
- No known restrictions on publication.
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
"California as I Saw It:" First-Person Narratives of California's Early Years, 1849-1900.
General Notice and Restriction Statement: The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in this collection, some content may be protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.), and/or the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, [appropriate source division as described in the bibliographic record]. For example: Library of Congress, General Collections; or, Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Wills, Mary H. A winter in California. [Norristown, Penna. M.R. Wills, 1889] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/rc01000918/.
APA citation style:
Wills, M. H. (1889) A winter in California. [Norristown, Penna. M.R. Wills] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/rc01000918/.
MLA citation style:
Wills, Mary H. A winter in California. [Norristown, Penna. M.R. Wills, 1889] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/rc01000918/>.