Book/Printed Material The Calvert papers.
About this Item
- The Calvert papers.
- Contributor Names
- Lee, John Wesley Murray, 1848-1896 or 1897.
- White, Andrew, 1579-1656.
- Created / Published
- Baltimore [J. Murphy & Co., Printers] 1889-99.
- no. 1. The Calvert papers. With an account of their recovery, and presentation of the society, December 10th, 1888. Together with a calendar of the papers recovered, and selections from the papers. Address of A. Ritchie. Remarks of J.H.B. Latrobe. Report of M. Cohen. Remarks of W.H. Browne. Exemplification of the arms of Sir G. Calvert. The patent of nobility of George, lord Baltimore. The will of Sir G. Calvert, lord Baltimore. The inventory of the estate of the same. A calendar of the Calvert papers, by J.W.M. Lee. The Calvert papers First selection.--no. 2. Selections from correspondence, 1719-1765.--no. 3. "A briefe relation of the voyage unto Maryland" [by Andrew White] and other papers.
- Subject Headings
- - Maryland--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Sources
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- 3 v. plates, 2 fold. maps, 2 col. coats of arms (incl front. : v. 2) 25 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- F176 .M37 No. 28, 34, 35
- F184 .C16
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. See American Memory, Copyright, and Other Restrictions and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information.
The Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in The Capital and the Bay; however there are two items from the publication entitled A Lecture on Our National Capital by Frederick Douglass, Anacostia Neighborhood Museum, Smithsonian Institution, and National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior, published by the Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington, D.C., 1978, for which additional information is provided below:
"'The Freedman's Savings and Trust Company, located on Pennsylvania Avenue at Fifteenth Street, N.W., opposite the Treasury Building.'" This image is credited to the National Archives in the above publication. The National Archives believes that this image has been incorrectly credited to their collections. They have no record of such an image in their holdings. Its source is unknown.
All photographs credited to the AColumbia Historical [email protected] in the above publication should now be credited to the AHistorical Society of Washington, [email protected] Reproductions and permissions may be obtained from the Historical Society of Washington, D.C., 1307 New Hampshire Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C. 20036, email (re photos): [email protected].
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lee, John Wesley Murray, Or 1897, and Andrew White. The Calvert papers. [Baltimore J. Murphy & Co., Printers -99, 1889] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/rc01003364/.
APA citation style:
Lee, J. W. M. & White, A. (1889) The Calvert papers. [Baltimore J. Murphy & Co., Printers -99] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/rc01003364/.
MLA citation style:
Lee, John Wesley Murray, Or 1897, and Andrew White. The Calvert papers. [Baltimore J. Murphy & Co., Printers -99, 1889] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/rc01003364/>.