Notated Music Dey said we wouldn't fight words by Mrs. M.A. Kidder; Music by Mrs. Parkhurst.
About this Item
- Dey said we wouldn't fight words by Mrs. M.A. Kidder; Music by Mrs. Parkhurst.
- Contributor Names
- Kidder, M. A., Mrs. (Lyricist)
- Parkhurst, E. A., Mrs. (Composer)
- Created / Published
- Horace Waters, New York, c1864
- Subject Headings
- - Slavery
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - African American
- - Sheet Music
- - United States -- New York
- Sheet Music
- - Music by Mrs. Parkhurst, author of They tell me I'll forget, The sigh in the heart (waltz sentimental), Only you and I, The dying drummer, The new emancipation song, A home on the mountain, Wait my little one wait, Little Joe the contraband, No slave beneath that starry flag, The soldier's dying farewell, &c.
- - Plate/Publisher number: 1028
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Plate/Publisher Number: 1028
- Stern catalog 4947
- Source Collection
- Sheet Music from the Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
The Library of Congress believes that many of the papers in The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana collection are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse. For example, any songs published in the United States before 1923 are in the public domain. The Library has also obtained permission for the use of many other materials, and presents additional materials pursuant to fair use under United States copyright law. Researchers should watch for documents that may be copyrighted (for example, published in the United States less than 95 years ago, or unpublished and the author died less than 70 years ago).
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Kidder, M. A., Mrs, and E. A Parkhurst. Dey said we wouldn't fight words by Mrs. M.A. Kidder; Music by Mrs. Parkhurst. Horace Waters, New York, 1864. Notated Music. https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm000127/.
APA citation style:
Kidder, M. A. & Parkhurst, E. A. (1864) Dey said we wouldn't fight words by Mrs. M.A. Kidder; Music by Mrs. Parkhurst. Horace Waters, New York. [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm000127/.
MLA citation style:
Kidder, M. A., Mrs, and E. A Parkhurst. Dey said we wouldn't fight words by Mrs. M.A. Kidder; Music by Mrs. Parkhurst. Horace Waters, New York, 1864. Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/scsm000127/>.