Manuscripts/Mixed Material President Lincoln and General Grant on peace and war.
About this Item
- President Lincoln and General Grant on peace and war.
- Contributor Names
- Lincoln, Abraham (Author)
- Mills, John T. (Interviewee)
- Taylor, Bayard (Author)
- Grant, Ulysses (Author)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Slavery
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - African American
- - Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson) 1822-1885
- - McClellan, George Brinton (1826-1885)
- - warfare
- - prisoners
- - Washburn, Elihu Benjamin (1816-1887)
- - Randall, Alexander Williams (1819-1872)
- - Port Hudson
- - deserter
- - Correspondence
- - letter
- - Poetry
- - Broadsides
- - United States -- Kentucky
- - United States -- Tennessee
- - United States -- Missouri
- - United States -- Wisconsin -- Grand
- - United States -- Virginia -- Prince George -- City Point/Hopewell
- - 1) Interview with the President, by J. T. Mills. 2) Letter of General Grant to E. B. Washbourne. 3) On the Chicago surrender [poem] by Bayard Taylor.
- 29.8 x 22.7 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Portfolio 5, no. 21
- Stern catalog 4742
- Source Collection
- The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Mills, John T.
Grant, Ulysses S. (ulysses Simpson)
McClellan, George Brinton
Randall, Alexander Williams
Washburn, Elihu Benjamin
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions for the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lincoln, Abraham, John T Mills, Bayard Taylor, and Ulysses Grant. President Lincoln and General Grant on peace and war. ?, 1864. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm000373/. (Accessed August 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Lincoln, A., Mills, J. T., Taylor, B. & Grant, U. (1864) President Lincoln and General Grant on peace and war. ?. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm000373/.
MLA citation style:
Lincoln, Abraham, et al. President Lincoln and General Grant on peace and war. ?, 1864. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm000373/>.