Photos, Prints, Drawings [Oil painting of Lincoln possibly based on a Brady photograph.]
About this Item
- [Oil painting of Lincoln possibly based on a Brady photograph.]
- Created / Published
- n. d.
- Subject Headings
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - Lincoln-tribute
- - Lincoln-portrait of
- - Portraits
- - Possibly based on the Meserve 85 photograph of Lincoln taken by Matthew B. Brady at Washington on February 9, 1864.
- - Number 75: reads: 1809-1909. Portrait pasted on card, 12 x 17.5 cm.
- - Number 76: 25.5 x 32 cm. Reads: From an abrotype taken for Marcus L. Ward (afterward governor of New Jersey) in Springfield, Illinois, May 20, 1860, two day's after Lincoln's first nomination.
- - Number 77: Christmas card; "Hearty greetings with all good wishes for your happiness on Christmas Day and throughout the New Year 1931 Joseph Benjamin Oakleaf. Inside is colored tin togravure of Lincoln by G. Hamilton Crawford.
- - Number 78: 22 x 29 cm.
- - Number 79: 30.5 x 25. 5 cm.
- - Number 80: Facsimile signature: A. Lincoln. 15 x 23 cm. Typescript on back reads: Note to Major Ramsey, October 17, 1861. My Dear Sir, The lady bearer of this says she has two sons who want to work. Wanting to work is so rare a want that is should be encouraged.
- - Number 81: Facsimile signature: A. Lincoln. 21.5 x 30 cm.
- - Number 82: 20.5 x 25.5 cm.
- - Number 83: 24 x 32.5 cm.
- - 83a: 30.5 x 40.5 cm. Reproduction of portrait painted by Thomas Buchanan Read.
- - 83b: 27 x 38 cm. 'In memory of Abraham Lincoln. Born February 12th 1809. Inaugurated President, March 4th, 1861. Issued the Proclamation of Emancipation, January 1st of 1863. Reinaugerated President, March 4th, 1865. Died April 15th, 1865 in the 57th year of his age. The Nation's Friend.
- 15 x 20 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Portfolio 4, no. 74
- Source Collection
- The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions for the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
. [Oil painting of Lincoln possibly based on a Brady photograph]. N. D. Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm000420/. (Accessed July 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
. [Oil painting of Lincoln possibly based on a Brady photograph]. N. D. [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm000420/.
MLA citation style:
. [Oil painting of Lincoln possibly based on a Brady photograph]. N. D. Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm000420/>.