Book/Printed Material Lincoln, the man of the people.
About this Item
- Lincoln, the man of the people.
- Contributor Names
- Markham, Edwin (Author)
- Created / Published
- 1900, 1919
- Subject Headings
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - Lincoln Memorial, Washington, D. C
- - Markham, Edwin (1852-1940)
- - Taft, William Howard (1857-1930)
- - Harding, Warren Gamaliel (1865-1923)
- - Poetry
- - Broadsides
- - United States -- District of Columbia -- Washington
- - Autographed at bottom by author.
- - Chosen from among 250 entries by a committee headed by Chief Justice Taft, Markham's famous poem was read at the dedication of the Lincoln Memorial in 1922.
- 36 x 21.5 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Portfolio 16, no. 59
- Source Collection
- The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
The Library of Congress believes that many of the papers in The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana collection are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse. For example, any songs published in the United States before 1923 are in the public domain. The Library has also obtained permission for the use of many other materials, and presents additional materials pursuant to fair use under United States copyright law. Researchers should watch for documents that may be copyrighted (for example, published in the United States less than 95 years ago, or unpublished and the author died less than 70 years ago).
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Markham, Edwin. Lincoln, the Man of the People. , 1919, 1900. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm000610/.
APA citation style:
Markham, E. (1900) Lincoln, the Man of the People. , 1919. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm000610/.
MLA citation style:
Markham, Edwin. Lincoln, the Man of the People. , 1919, 1900. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/scsm000610/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Book/Printed MaterialLincoln, the man of the people, [Copy 2].
- Contributor: Markham, Edwin
- Date: 1900
Book/Printed MaterialEngland's tribute to Lincoln [wood engraving from Punch, or the London Charivari, May 6, 1865, entitled ...
- Contributor: Oldroyd, O. H.
- Date: 1910
Book/Printed MaterialExtract from the remarks of Jas. A. Garfield.
- Contributor: Garfield, James A.
- Date: 1866-04-14
Book/Printed Material[The National Archives' reproduction of the Emancipation Proclamation.]
- Contributor: Lincoln, Abraham
- Date: 1950