Manuscript/Mixed Material Letter from Robert Todd Lincoln to James H. Hackett, September 28, 1871.
About this Item
- Letter from Robert Todd Lincoln to James H. Hackett, September 28, 1871.
- Lincoln, Robert Todd (Author)
Created / Published
- Chicago, Illinois, September 28, 1871
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - Lincoln, Thomas (Tad) (1853-1871)
- - Lincoln, Robert Todd (1843-1926)
- - Trumbell, Lyman (1813-1896)
- - Davis, David (1818-1886)
- - Treat, Samuel H
- - Oakridge Cemetery
- - Hackett, James H. (1800-1871)
- - Lincoln Monument Association
- - Brown, Benjamin Gratz (1826-1885)
- - Manuscripts
- - Correspondence
- - Periodicals
- - Newspaper
- - Letter
- - United States -- Illinois -- Cook -- Chicago
- - United States -- Illinois -- Sangamon -- Springfield
- - United States -- New York -- Suffolk -- Long Island
- 12.5 x 20.5 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- Portfolio 2, no. 11
- The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- online text
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress believes that many of the papers in The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana collection are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse. For example, any songs published in the United States before 1923 are in the public domain. The Library has also obtained permission for the use of many other materials, and presents additional materials pursuant to fair use under United States copyright law. Researchers should watch for documents that may be copyrighted (for example, published in the United States less than 95 years ago, or unpublished and the author died less than 70 years ago).
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lincoln, Robert Todd. Letter from Robert Todd Lincoln to James H. Hackett. Chicago, Illinois, 1871. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm000856/.
APA citation style:
Lincoln, R. T. (1871) Letter from Robert Todd Lincoln to James H. Hackett. Chicago, Illinois. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm000856/.
MLA citation style:
Lincoln, Robert Todd. Letter from Robert Todd Lincoln to James H. Hackett. Chicago, Illinois, 1871. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/scsm000856/>.