3D Object Stephen Douglas original life mask taken in Chicago.
About this Item
- Stephen Douglas original life mask taken in Chicago.
- Contributor Names
- Volk, Leonard Wells (Sculptor)
- Created / Published
- Chicago, Illinois, 1857
- Subject Headings
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - Douglas, Stephen Arnold (1813-1861)
- - Lincoln-Douglas debates (1858)
- - Volk, Leonard Wells (1828-1895)
- - Portraits
- - Physical Objects
- - Realia
- - United States -- Illinois -- Cook -- Chicago
- - United States -- Maine -- Oxford -- Lovell
- Physical Objects
- - The life mask is housed in a dove tailed oak box with carved decorations and a brass name plate. Inscribed on the box: Box no 2; Jessie Volk Center, Lovell Maine.
- Box 34.5 wide x 21.5 high by 24 across; Mask: 22 cm long x 16 cm wide by 13.5 deep.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Catalog no. 5151
- Source Collection
- The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
- Stephen Douglass Life Mask | 360 Degree Views of Artifacts | Articles and Essays | The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana | Digital Collections
- Additional Physical Artifacts | Collection Highlights | Articles and Essays | The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana | Digital Collections
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions for the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Volk, Leonard Wells. Stephen Douglas original life mask taken in Chicago. Chicago, Illinois, 1857. Online Text. https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001058/.
APA citation style:
Volk, L. W. (1857) Stephen Douglas original life mask taken in Chicago. Chicago, Illinois. [Online Text] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001058/.
MLA citation style:
Volk, Leonard Wells. Stephen Douglas original life mask taken in Chicago. Chicago, Illinois, 1857. Online Text. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/scsm001058/>.