Manuscript/Mixed Material Letter to R. U. Johnson from William Tecumseh Sherman, December 22, 1886.
About this Item
- Letter to R. U. Johnson from William Tecumseh Sherman, December 22, 1886.
- Contributor Names
- Sherman, William T. (Author)
- Created / Published
- New York, December 22, 1886
- Subject Headings
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson) 1822-1885
- - Sherman, William Tecumseh (1820-1891)
- - Army of the Potomac
- - Ohio River
- - Johnson, Reverdy (1796-1876)
- - Thomas, George Henry (1816-1870)
- - Western Army
- - Hood, John Bell (1831-1879)
- - Cox, Jacob Dolson (1828-1900)
- - Manuscripts
- - Correspondence
- - Letter
- - United States -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- - United States -- Virginia -- Richmond
- - United States -- District of Columbia -- Washington
- - United States -- New York
- - United States -- Mississippi -- Warren -- Vicksburg
- - United States -- Georgia -- Chatham -- Savannah
- - United States -- North Carolina -- Wake -- Raleigh
- - United States -- Tennessee -- Davidson -- Nashville
- - United States -- Virginia -- Prince George -- City Point/Hopewell
- - United States -- Virginia -- Appomattox -- Appomattox
- - United States -- Illinois -- Alexander -- Cairo
- - United States -- Tennessee -- Hamilton -- Chattenooga
- 20 x 25 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Manuscripts; Portfolio 1, no. 26
- Source Collection
- The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
- City Point/Hopewell
- New York
- North Carolina
- Prince George
- United States
- Washington D.C.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions for the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sherman, William T. Letter to R. U. Johnson from William Tecumseh Sherman. New York, 1886. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001086/.
APA citation style:
Sherman, W. T. (1886) Letter to R. U. Johnson from William Tecumseh Sherman. New York. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001086/.
MLA citation style:
Sherman, William T. Letter to R. U. Johnson from William Tecumseh Sherman. New York, 1886. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/scsm001086/>.