Book/Printed Material The World, [newspaper]. June 9, 1864.
About this Item
- The World, [newspaper]. June 9, 1864.
- Created / Published
- The World, New York, June 9, 1864
- Subject Headings
- - Reconstruction
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - African American
- - Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson) 1822-1885
- - Copperheads/Peace Democrats
- - McClellan, George Brinton (1826-1885)
- - Butler, Benjamin (1818-1893)
- - Cochrane, John (1813-1898)
- - Johnson, Andrew (1808-1875)
- - Sherman, William Tecumseh (1820-1891)
- - political campaign
- - Garfield, James Abram (1831-1881)
- - James River
- - Army of the Potomac
- - warfare
- - Sumner, Charles (1811-1874)
- - Republican Party
- - Beauregard, Pierre Toutant (1818-1893)
- - Meade, George Gordon (1815-1872)
- - international relations
- - military draft/recruitment
- - Fremont, John Charles (1813-1890)
- - Chickahominy River
- - Baltimore Platform
- - railroad
- - Rapidan River
- - Navy
- - Blair, Montgomery (1813-1883)
- - Banks, General Nathaniel Prentice (1816-1894)
- - miscegenation
- - Lincoln's cabinet
- - Cameron, Simon (1799-1889)
- - Phillips, Wendell (1811-1884)
- - Jackson, Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" (1824-1863)
- - debt
- - Hunter, David (1802-1886)
- - Heintzelman, Samuel Peter (1805-1880)
- - Hancock, Winfield Scott (1824-1886)
- - Monroe Doctrine
- - Marmaduke, John Sappington (1833-1887)
- - Battle of Coal Harbor
- - Porter, Fitz J. (1822-1901)
- - Pierpont, Francis Harrison (1814-1899)
- - Advertisements
- - France -- Paris
- - United States -- New York
- - United States -- Virginia -- Richmond
- - United States -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- - United States -- Missouri
- - China
- - United States -- West Virginia
- - United States -- Virginia -- Lynchburg
- - United States -- Louisiana -- Orleans Parish -- New Orleans
- - United States -- Arkansas -- Pulaski -- Little Rock
- - Great Britain -- London
- - United States -- Kentucky -- Montgomery -- Mount Sterling
- - United States -- Virginia -- Staunton
- - United States -- Virginia -- Chickahominy
- 41 x 56 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Newspapers; Portfolio 1
- Source Collection
- The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
Army of the Potomac
Banks, General Nathaniel Prentice
Battle of Coal Harbor
Beauregard, Pierre Toutant
Fremont, John Charles
Garfield, James Abram
Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson)
Hancock, Winfield Scott
Heintzelman, Samuel Peter
Jackson, Thomas Jonathan "stonewall"
Marmaduke, John Sappington
McClellan, George Brinton
Meade, George Gordon
Pierpont, Francis Harrison
Porter, Fitz J.
Sherman, William Tecumseh
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions for the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
[The World, newspaper. June 9, 1864]. The World, New York, June 9, 1864. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001135/. (Accessed April 28, 2017.)
APA citation style:
(1864) [The World, newspaper. June 9, 1864]. The World, New York, June 9. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001135/.
MLA citation style:
[The World, newspaper. June 9, 1864]. The World, New York, June 9, 1864. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001135/>.