Periodical The Sun, [newspaper]. November 20, 1863.
About this Item
- The Sun, [newspaper]. November 20, 1863.
- Created / Published
- The Sun, Baltimore, Maryland, November 20, 1863
- Subject Headings
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - Lee, Robert Edward (1807-1870)
- - Burnside, Ambrose Everett (1824-1881)
- - Butler, Benjamin (1818-1893)
- - Rosencrans, William Starke (1819-1898)
- - Mississippi River
- - Fort Sumter
- - Army of the Potomac
- - warfare
- - prisoners
- - international relations
- - railroad
- - destruction of property/looting
- - Everett, Edward (1794-1865)
- - Rapidan River
- - Navy
- - Averill, W. W. (b. 1832)
- - Washburn, Elihu Benjamin (1816-1887)
- - Gettysburg National Cemetery
- - Fort Monroe
- - Sickles, Daniel E. (1819-1914)
- - voting fraud
- - Longstreet, James (1821-1904)
- - Cullum, George Washington (1809-1892)
- - Sanders, George Nicholas (1812-1873)
- - Periodicals
- - Newspaper
- - Advertisements
- - United States -- Virginia -- Richmond
- - United States -- Maryland -- Baltimore
- - United States -- Virginia
- - United States -- South Carolina
- - United States -- Mississippi
- - United States -- West Virginia
- - United States -- Tennessee -- Knox -- Knoxville
- - United States -- Virginia -- Fairfax -- Vienna
- - United States -- Tennessee -- Hamilton -- Chattenooga
- - United States -- Virginia -- Lynchburg
- - United States -- Virginia -- Shenandoah -- New Market
- - United States -- Louisiana -- Teche
- - United States -- Maryland -- Sommerset
- 42.5 x 56 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Newspapers; Portfolio 1
- Source Collection
- The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
Army of the Potomac
Averill, W. W. ( 1832)
Burnside, Ambrose Everett
Cullum, George Washington
Destruction of Property/Looting
Gettysburg National Cemetery
Lee, Robert Edward
Rosencrans, William Starke
Sanders, George Nicholas
Sickles, Daniel E.
Washburn, Elihu Benjamin
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions for the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Chicago citation style:
[The Sun, newspaper. November 20, 1863]. The Sun, Baltimore, Maryland, 1863. Periodical. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001145/. (Accessed June 27, 2017.)
APA citation style:
(1863) [The Sun, newspaper. November 20, 1863]. The Sun, Baltimore, Maryland. [Periodical] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001145/.
MLA citation style:
[The Sun, newspaper. November 20, 1863]. The Sun, Baltimore, Maryland, 1863. Periodical. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001145/>.