Periodical Chattanooga Daily Gazette, [newspaper]. April 16th, 1865.
About this Item
- Chattanooga Daily Gazette, [newspaper]. April 16th, 1865.
- Created / Published
- Chattanooga Daily Gazette, Chattanooga, Tennessee, April 16, 1865
- Subject Headings
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - Lincoln's assassination
- - Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson) 1822-1885
- - Johnson, Andrew (1808-1875)
- - Sherman, William Tecumseh (1820-1891)
- - Lincoln, Mary Todd (1818-1882)
- - Sumner, Charles (1811-1874)
- - Booth, John Wilkes (1838-1865)
- - Colfax, Schuyler (1823-1885)
- - Women
- - Seward, William Henry (1801-1872)
- - Ford's Theatre
- - Our American Cousin
- - Seward, Frederick William (1830-1915)
- - notice of Lincoln's death
- - Meigs, Montgomery C. (1816-1892)
- - Oglesby, Richard J. (1824-1899)
- - Farnsworth, Elon John (1837-1863)
- - Lincoln's cabinet
- - Barnes, Joseph K. (1817-1883)
- - inauguration
- - Slocum, Henry Warner (1827-1894)
- - Howard, Oliver Otis (1830-1909)
- - Schofield, John McAllister (1831-1906)
- - Johnston, Joseph Eggleston (1807-1891)
- - Hansell, Emerick W
- - Periodicals
- - Newspaper
- - Advertisements
- - United States -- Virginia -- Richmond
- - United States -- Tennessee -- Hamilton -- Chattanooga
- - United States -- North Carolina -- Wake -- Raleigh
- - United States -- Tennessee -- Davidson -- Nashville
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Newspapers; Portfolio 8, no. 6
- Source Collection
- The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
Barnes, Joseph K.
Booth, John Wilkes
Farnsworth, Elon John
Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson)
Hansell, Emerick W.
Howard, Oliver Otis
Johnston, Joseph Eggleston
Lincoln, Mary Todd
Meigs, Montgomery C.
Notice of Lincoln's Death
Oglesby, Richard J.
Our American Cousin
Schofield, John McAllister
Seward, Frederick William
Seward, William Henry
Sherman, William Tecumseh
Slocum, Henry Warner
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions for the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
[Chattanooga Daily Gazette, newspaper. April 16th, 1865]. Chattanooga Daily Gazette, Chattanooga, Tennessee, 1865. Periodical. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001219/. (Accessed December 16, 2017.)
APA citation style:
(1865) [Chattanooga Daily Gazette, newspaper. April 16th, 1865]. Chattanooga Daily Gazette, Chattanooga, Tennessee. [Periodical] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001219/.
MLA citation style:
[Chattanooga Daily Gazette, newspaper. April 16th, 1865]. Chattanooga Daily Gazette, Chattanooga, Tennessee, 1865. Periodical. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001219/>.