Books The Richmond Times, [newspaper]. April 21st, 1865.
About this Item
- The Richmond Times, [newspaper]. April 21st, 1865.
- Created / Published
- The Richmond Times, Richmond, Virginia, April 21, 1865
- Subject Headings
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - African American
- - Lincoln's assassination
- - Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson) 1822-1885
- - Davis, Jefferson (1808-1889)
- - Johnson, Andrew (1808-1875)
- - Sherman, William Tecumseh (1820-1891)
- - Lincoln, Mary Todd (1818-1882)
- - James River
- - Libby Prison
- - Lincoln's deathbed
- - Booth, John Wilkes (1838-1865)
- - Colfax, Schuyler (1823-1885)
- - Potomac River
- - destruction of property/looting
- - Seward, William Henry (1801-1872)
- - Stanton, Edwin (1814-1869)
- - U.S. Capitol
- - Surratt, John Harrison Jr. (1844-1916)
- - Dix, John Adam (1798-1879)
- - Army of Northern Virginia
- - Johnston, Joseph Eggleston (1807-1891)
- - Dana, Charles A. (1819-1899)
- - Mosby, John Singleton (1833-1916)
- - Ord, Edward Otho Cresap (1818-1883)
- - Weitzel, Gen Godfrey (1835-1884)
- - Army of the James
- - Fort Harrison
- - Old Capitol Prison
- - newspaper
- - Periodicals
- - Advertisements
- - United States -- Virginia -- Richmond
- - United States -- Virginia -- Petersburg
- - United States -- Virginia -- Prince George -- City Point/Hopewell
- - United States -- Maryland -- Saint Mary
- - United States -- Virginia -- Wincester
- - United States -- Maryland -- Carroll -- Westminster
- - United States -- Virginia -- Aiken's Landing
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Newspapers; Portfolio 8, no. 7
- Source Collection
- The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Army of Northern Virginia
Army of the James
Booth, John Wilkes
Dana, Charles A.
Destruction of Property/Looting
Dix, John Adam
Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson)
Johnston, Joseph Eggleston
Lincoln, Mary Todd
Mosby, John Singleton
Old Capitol Prison
Ord, Edward Otho Cresap
Seward, William Henry
Sherman, William Tecumseh
Surratt, John Harrison Jr.
Weitzel, Gen Godfrey
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions for the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
[The Richmond Times, newspaper. April 21st, 1865]. The Richmond Times, Richmond, Virginia, 1865. Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001221/. (Accessed December 03, 2016.)
APA citation style:
(1865) [The Richmond Times, newspaper. April 21st, 1865]. The Richmond Times, Richmond, Virginia. [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001221/.
MLA citation style:
[The Richmond Times, newspaper. April 21st, 1865]. The Richmond Times, Richmond, Virginia, 1865. Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001221/>.