3D Object Mary Todd Lincoln's seed-pearl necklace and matching bracelets.
About this Item
- Mary Todd Lincoln's seed-pearl necklace and matching bracelets.
- Tiffany (Artist)
Created / Published
- n. d.
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - Lincoln, Mary Todd (1818-1882)
- - inaugural ball
- - Physical Objects
- - Realia
- Physical Objects
- - The jewelry came to the Library in 1937 as part of the gift from Lincoln's granddaughter, Mary Lincoln Isham
- - Tiffany records indicate that President Abraham Lincoln purchased the items on April 28, 1862 in Manhattan. "The pearl necklace sold for $180 and the two bracelets for $350., and that on January 24, 1863, we sold two bracelets to order for $350.
- - Mary Todd Lincoln wore the jewelry to the first Lincoln inaugural ball.
- The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress believes that many of the papers in The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana collection are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse. For example, any songs published in the United States before 1923 are in the public domain. The Library has also obtained permission for the use of many other materials, and presents additional materials pursuant to fair use under United States copyright law. Researchers should watch for documents that may be copyrighted (for example, published in the United States less than 95 years ago, or unpublished and the author died less than 70 years ago).
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Tiffany. Mary Todd Lincoln's seed-pearl necklace and matching bracelets. N. D. Image. https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001298/.
APA citation style:
Tiffany. Mary Todd Lincoln's seed-pearl necklace and matching bracelets. N. D. [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001298/.
MLA citation style:
Tiffany. Mary Todd Lincoln's seed-pearl necklace and matching bracelets. N. D. Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/scsm001298/>.