Manuscripts/Mixed Material Praecipe in People v. Lehman, [Law papers].
About this Item
- Praecipe in People v. Lehman, [Law papers].
- Contributor Names
- Lincoln, Abraham (Author)
- Lamon, Ward Hill (1828-1893) (Author)
- Created / Published
- October 30, 1854
- Subject Headings
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - Lincoln's law practice
- - Lamon, Ward Hill (1828-1893)
- - Lehman, Jacob (Lincoln's law practice)
- - Lowry, Andrew (Lincoln's law practice)
- - Gessie, Charles (Lincoln's law practice)
- - Manuscripts
- - legal case and case notes
- legal case and case notes
- - Summary: Lehman stole a horse that belonged to Dalbey. The state's attorney indicted Lehman for larceny. Lehman retained Lincoln and pleaded not guilty. The jury found Lehman guilty and sentenced him to one year in the state penitentiary.
- 19.7 x 16 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Law Papers; Portfolio 2 no. 69
- Source Collection
- The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
ContributorsLamon, Ward Hill
SubjectsGessie, Charles (Lincoln's Law Practice)
Lamon, Ward Hill
Legal Case and Case Notes
Lehman, Jacob (Lincoln's Law Practice)
Lincoln's Law Practice
Lowry, Andrew (Lincoln's Law Practice)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions for the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lincoln, Abraham, and Ward Hill Lamon. [Praecipe in People v. Lehman, Law papers]. 1854. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001583/. (Accessed December 09, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Lincoln, A. & Lamon, W. H. (1854) [Praecipe in People v. Lehman, Law papers]. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001583/.
MLA citation style:
Lincoln, Abraham, and Ward Hill Lamon. [Praecipe in People v. Lehman, Law papers]. 1854. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001583/>.