Newspaper The loyal Georgian (Augusta, Ga.), January 27, 1866
About this Newspaper
- The loyal Georgian (Augusta, Ga.), January 27, 1866
- Library of Congress, Washington, DC
Place of Publication
- Augusta, Ga.
Dates of Publication
Created / Published
- Augusta, Ga., January 27, 1866
- - African Americans--Georgia--Newspapers
- - Augusta (Ga.)--Newspapers
- - African Americans
- - Georgia
- - Georgia--Augusta
- - United States--Georgia--Richmond--Augusta
- - Weekly
- - Vol. 1, no. 1 (Jan. 20, 1866)-
- - Ceased in 1867.
- - Microfilmed by the Library of Congress for the Committee on Negro Studies of the American Council of Learned Societies.
- - Official organ of the Georgia Educational Association and Republican Party.
- - Also published in a daily ed.
- - Latest issue consulted: Vol. 2, no. 23 (July 6, 1867).
- - Weekly loyal Georgian (DLC)sn 83027105 (OCoLC)10129523
- 4 pages
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
State/Province (Geographic Coverage)
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress believes that the newspapers in Chronicling America are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions. Newspapers published in the United States more than 95 years ago are in the public domain in their entirety. Any newspapers in Chronicling America that were published less than 95 years ago are also believed to be in the public domain, but may contain some copyrighted third party materials. Researchers using newspapers published less than 95 years ago should be alert for modern content (for example, registered and renewed for copyright and published with notice) that may be copyrighted. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The NEH awardee responsible for producing each digital object is presented in the Chronicling America page display, below the page image – e.g. Image produced by the Library of Congress. For more information on current NDNP awardees, see https://www.loc.gov/ndnp/listawardees.html.
For more information on Library of Congress policies and disclaimers regarding rights and reproductions, see https://www.loc.gov/homepage/legal.html
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The loyal Georgian. (Augusta, GA), Jan. 27 1866. https://www.loc.gov/item/sn82016224/1866-01-27/ed-1/.
APA citation style:
(1866, January 27) The loyal Georgian. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/sn82016224/1866-01-27/ed-1/.
MLA citation style:
The loyal Georgian. (Augusta, GA) 27 Jan. 1866. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, www.loc.gov/item/sn82016224/1866-01-27/ed-1/.