Newspaper The new South (Port Royal, S.C.), October 25, 1862
About this Newspaper
- The new South (Port Royal, S.C.), October 25, 1862
- University of South Carolina
Place of Publication
- Port Royal, S.C.
Dates of Publication
Created / Published
- Port Royal, S.C., October 25, 1862
- - Port Royal (S.C.)--Newspapers
- - Beaufort (S.C.)--Newspapers
- - Beaufort County (S.C.)--Newspapers
- - South Carolina--Beaufort
- - South Carolina--Beaufort County
- - South Carolina--Port Royal
- - United States--South Carolina--Beaufort--Beaufort
- - United States--South Carolina--Beaufort--Port Royal
- - Weekly
- - Vol. 1, no. 1 (Mar. 15, 1862)-
- - Ceased in Mar. 1867. Cf. Moore, South Carolina newspapers.
- - Published at Beaufort, S.C., .
- - Publisher: L. Thompson, <1866>.
- - Editors: Adam Badeau, <1862>; Joseph H. Sears, <1863-1865>.
- - Issues for Nov. 14, 1863- called also whole no. 60-<177>.
- - Suspended Mar. 29-Aug. 16, 1862.
- - Volume and issue numbering irregular.
- - Available on microfilm from The University of South Carolina.
- - Archived issues are available in digital format from the Library of Congress Chronicling America online collection.
- - Latest issue consulted: Vol. 5, no. 48 (Sept. 29, 1866).
- 4 pages
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
State/Province (Geographic Coverage)
- Beaufort (S.C.)
- Beaufort County
- Beaufort County (S.C.)
- Port Royal
- Port Royal (S.C.)
- South Carolina
- United States
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress believes that the newspapers in Chronicling America are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions. Newspapers published in the United States more than 95 years ago are in the public domain in their entirety. Any newspapers in Chronicling America that were published less than 95 years ago are also believed to be in the public domain, but may contain some copyrighted third party materials. Researchers using newspapers published less than 95 years ago should be alert for modern content (for example, registered and renewed for copyright and published with notice) that may be copyrighted. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The NEH awardee responsible for producing each digital object is presented in the Chronicling America page display, below the page image – e.g. Image produced by the Library of Congress. For more information on current NDNP awardees, see https://www.loc.gov/ndnp/listawardees.html.
For more information on Library of Congress policies and disclaimers regarding rights and reproductions, see https://www.loc.gov/homepage/legal.html
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The new South. (Beaufort, SC), Oct. 25 1862. https://www.loc.gov/item/sn83025760/1862-10-25/ed-1/.
APA citation style:
(1862, October 25) The new South. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/sn83025760/1862-10-25/ed-1/.
MLA citation style:
The new South. (Beaufort, SC) 25 Oct. 1862. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, www.loc.gov/item/sn83025760/1862-10-25/ed-1/.