Newspaper The defender (Philadelphia ; Bryn Mawr [Pa.]), January 27, 1900
About this Newspaper
- The defender (Philadelphia ; Bryn Mawr [Pa.]), January 27, 1900
- Library of Congress, Washington, DC
Place of Publication
- Philadelphia ; Bryn Mawr [Pa.]
Dates of Publication
Created / Published
- Philadelphia ; Bryn Mawr [Pa.], January 27, 1900
- - African Americans--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia--Newspapers
- - Philadelphia (Pa.)--Newspapers
- - Philadelphia County (Pa.)--Newspapers
- - Bryn Mawr (Pa.)--Newspapers
- - Montgomery County (Pa.)--Newspapers
- - African Americans
- - Pennsylvania--Bryn Mawr
- - Pennsylvania--Montgomery County
- - Pennsylvania--Philadelphia
- - Pennsylvania--Philadelphia County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia--Philadelphia
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Montgomery--Bryn Mawr
- - Weekly
- - Began in 1897.
- - Suspended,
- - Also issued on microfilm from the Library of Congress, Photoduplication Service.
- - Description based on: Vol. 2, no. 27 (Jan. 27, 1900).
- 8 pages
Call Number/Physical Location
- Newspaper 7001
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
State/Province (Geographic Coverage)
- African American
- African Americans
- Bryn Mawr
- Bryn Mawr (Pa.)
- Montgomery County
- Montgomery County (Pa.)
- Philadelphia (Pa.)
- Philadelphia County
- Philadelphia County (Pa.)
- United States
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress believes that the newspapers in Chronicling America are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions. Newspapers published in the United States more than 95 years ago are in the public domain in their entirety. Any newspapers in Chronicling America that were published less than 95 years ago are also believed to be in the public domain, but may contain some copyrighted third party materials. Researchers using newspapers published less than 95 years ago should be alert for modern content (for example, registered and renewed for copyright and published with notice) that may be copyrighted. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The NEH awardee responsible for producing each digital object is presented in the Chronicling America page display, below the page image – e.g. Image produced by the Library of Congress. For more information on current NDNP awardees, see https://www.loc.gov/ndnp/listawardees.html.
For more information on Library of Congress policies and disclaimers regarding rights and reproductions, see https://www.loc.gov/homepage/legal.html
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Defender. (Philadelphia, PA), Jan. 27 1900. https://www.loc.gov/item/sn83027088/1900-01-27/ed-1/.
APA citation style:
(1900, January 27) The Defender. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/sn83027088/1900-01-27/ed-1/.
MLA citation style:
The Defender. (Philadelphia, PA) 27 Jan. 1900. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, www.loc.gov/item/sn83027088/1900-01-27/ed-1/.