Newspaper Lynchburg Virginian (Lynchburg [Va.]) 1829-185?
About this Newspaper
- Lynchburg Virginian (Lynchburg [Va.]) 1829-185?
Dates of Publication
Created / Published
- Lynchburg [Va.] : Fletcher & Toler, 1829-
- - Lynchburg (Va.)--Newspapers
- - Virginia--Lynchburg
- - United States--Virginia--Lynchburg
- - Semiweekly
- - Vol. 5, no. 48 (Jan. 29, 1829)-
- - Ceased in Aug. 1855. Cf. Cappon, L.J. Va. newspapers.
- - Publisher varies: Toler, Townley, & Statham -Mar. 1, 1846; Blackford, Statham, & Dillard, Mar. 1, 1846- ; Townley, Shields & Co., Feb. 28, 1850- ; Terry & Shields, Nov. 4, 1850- ; McDonald & Peters, Feb. 7, 1854-
- - Aug. 14, 1851 issue has supplement.
- - Also issued on microfilm from Bell & Howell, Micro Photo Div.
- - Also available online.
- - Latest issue consulted: Vol. 29, no. 102 (Aug. 9, 1852).
- - Lynchburg Virginian (Lynchburg, Va. : 1855 : Triweekly) (DLC)sn 85034363 (OCoLC)12738037
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
State/Province (Geographic Coverage)
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress believes that the newspapers in Chronicling America are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions. Newspapers published in the United States more than 95 years ago are in the public domain in their entirety. Any newspapers in Chronicling America that were published less than 95 years ago are also believed to be in the public domain, but may contain some copyrighted third party materials. Researchers using newspapers published less than 95 years ago should be alert for modern content (for example, registered and renewed for copyright and published with notice) that may be copyrighted. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The NEH awardee responsible for producing each digital object is presented in the Chronicling America page display, below the page image – e.g. Image produced by the Library of Congress. For more information on current NDNP awardees, see https://www.loc.gov/ndnp/listawardees.html.
For more information on Library of Congress policies and disclaimers regarding rights and reproductions, see https://www.loc.gov/homepage/legal.html
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lynchburg Virginian Lynchburg Va. -185?. (Lynchburg, VA), Jan. 1 1829. https://www.loc.gov/item/sn84024649/.
APA citation style:
(1829, January 1) Lynchburg Virginian Lynchburg Va. -185?. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/sn84024649/.
MLA citation style:
Lynchburg Virginian Lynchburg Va. -185?. (Lynchburg, VA) 1 Jan. 1829. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, www.loc.gov/item/sn84024649/.