Newspaper Africo-American Presbyterian (Wilmington, N.C.) 1879-1938
About Africo-American Presbyterian (Wilmington, N.C.) 1879-1938
A portion of the issues digitized for this newspaper were microfilmed as part of the Miscellaneous Negro newspapers microfilm collection, a 12 reel collection containing issues of African American newspapers published in the U.S. throughout the 19th and 20th centuries. Creation of the microfilm project was sponsored by the Committee on Negro Studies of the American Council of Learned Societies in 1947. For more information on the microfilm collection, see: Negro Newspapers on Microfilm, a Selected List (Library of Congress), published in 1953. While this collection contains selections from more than 150 U.S. newspapers titles, for further coverage, view a complete list of all digitized African American titles available in the Chronicling America collection.Provided By: Library of Congress, Washington, DC
About this Newspaper
- Africo-American Presbyterian (Wilmington, N.C.) 1879-1938
Dates of Publication
Created / Published
- Wilmington, N.C. : D.J. Sanders, -1938.
- - African Americans--North Carolina--Newspapers
- - Presbyterians--United States--Newspapers
- - African American Presbyterians--North Carolina--Newspapers
- - African American newspapers--North Carolina
- - Presbyterian Church--North Carolina--Newspapers
- - Wilmington (N.C.)--Newspapers
- - New Hanover County (N.C.)--Newspapers
- - Charlotte (N.C.)--Newspapers
- - Mecklenburg County (N.C.)--Newspapers
- - African American newspapers
- - African American Presbyterians
- - African Americans
- - Presbyterian Church
- - Presbyterians
- - North Carolina
- - North Carolina--Charlotte
- - North Carolina--Mecklenburg County
- - North Carolina--New Hanover County
- - North Carolina--Wilmington
- - United States
- - United States--North Carolina--Mecklenburg--Charlotte
- - United States--North Carolina--New Hanover--Wilmington
- - Weekly
- - Began in 1879.
- - -v. 59, no. 39 (Sept. 29, 1938).
- - Published at Charlotte, N.C., -Sept. 29, 1938.
- - Available on microfilm from the Library of Congress for the Committee on Negro Studies of the American Council of Learned Societies.
- - Description based on: Vol. 2, no. 20 (Nov. 4, 1880).
- - New advance (Charlotte, N.C.) (DLC) 2001221705 (OCoLC)11064755
Call Number/Physical Location
- Newspaper 7001
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
State/Province (Geographic Coverage)
- African American
- African American Newspapers
- African American Presbyterians
- African Americans
- Charlotte (N.C.)
- Mecklenburg County
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.)
- New Hanover
- New Hanover County
- New Hanover County (N.C.)
- North Carolina
- Presbyterian Church
- United States
- Wilmington (N.C.)
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress believes that the newspapers in Chronicling America are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions. Newspapers published in the United States more than 95 years ago are in the public domain in their entirety. Any newspapers in Chronicling America that were published less than 95 years ago are also believed to be in the public domain, but may contain some copyrighted third party materials. Researchers using newspapers published less than 95 years ago should be alert for modern content (for example, registered and renewed for copyright and published with notice) that may be copyrighted. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The NEH awardee responsible for producing each digital object is presented in the Chronicling America page display, below the page image – e.g. Image produced by the Library of Congress. For more information on current NDNP awardees, see https://www.loc.gov/ndnp/listawardees.html.
For more information on Library of Congress policies and disclaimers regarding rights and reproductions, see https://www.loc.gov/homepage/legal.html
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Africo-American Presbyterian Wilmington, N.C. 1879 to 1938. (Charlotte, NC), Jan. 1 1879. https://www.loc.gov/item/sn84025826/.
APA citation style:
(1879, January 1) Africo-American Presbyterian Wilmington, N.C. 1879 to 1938. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/sn84025826/.
MLA citation style:
Africo-American Presbyterian Wilmington, N.C. 1879 to 1938. (Charlotte, NC) 1 Jan. 1879. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, www.loc.gov/item/sn84025826/.