Newspaper Manzanar Free Press (Manzanar, Calif.) 1942-1945 Free press
About this Newspaper
- Manzanar Free Press (Manzanar, Calif.) 1942-1945
- Free press
- Manzanar Assembly Center (Calif.)
- Manzanar War Relocation Center.
Dates of Publication
Created / Published
- Manzanar, Calif. : [Manzanar Relocation Center], 1942-1945.
- - Japanese Americans--California--Newspapers
- - Japanese Americans--Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945--Newspapers
- - Manzanar (Calif.)--Newspapers
- - Inyo County (Calif.)--Newspapers
- - Japanese Americans
- - California
- - California--Inyo County
- - California--Manzanar
- - Evacuation and relocation of Japanese Americans--(United States :--1942-1945)
- - 1942-1945
- - United States--California--Inyo--Manzanar
- Japanese American evacuation and relocation camp newspapers
- - Weekly, Aug. 18, 1945-Oct. 19, 1945
- - Vol. 1, no. 1 (Apr. 11, 1942)-v. 16, no. 7 (Oct. 19, 1945).
- - Published Apr. 11-May 31, 1942 at the Manzanar Assembly Center; June 1, 1942-Sept. 8, 1945 at the Manzanar Relocation Center.
- - Collected in Japanese camp papers.
- - "Internment camp newspaper."
- - Supplements accompany some issues.
- - Available on microfilm from the Library of Congress, Photoduplication Service; also available online.
- - Master negatives are available for duplication from: California Newspaper Microfilm Archive; positive copies may be purchased by the reel; for further information consult the CNMA at: http://cbsr.ucr.edu External
- - Also available in digital format on the Library of Congress website.
- - English and Japanese.
- - "Official publication of the Manzanar Relocation Center Administration and newspaper of Manzanar Community Enterprises."
- 16 volumes : illustrations ; 28-33 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
- Manzanar Free Press (Manzanar, Calif.) 1942 to 1945 (373)
- Japanese-American Internment Camp Newspapers, 1942 to 1946 (4,685)
- Directory of U.S. Newspapers in American Libraries (6,836)
- Chronicling America (267,128)
- Serial and Government Publications Division (278,320)
- Library of Congress Online Catalog (1,359,524)
- (United States
- Evacuation and Relocation
- Evacuation and Relocation of Japanese Americans
- Forced Removal and Internment
- Forced Removal and Internment of Japanese Americans
- Inyo County
- Inyo County (Calif.)
- Japanese American Evacuation and Relocation Camp Newspapers
- Japanese Americans
- Manzanar (Calif.)
- United States
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with the user. The written permission of the copyright owners and other rights holders (such as holders of publicity or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.), or any other restrictions on the materials digitized for the collection Japanese-American Internment Camp Newspapers.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Serial and Government Publications Division.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Manzanar Free Press Manzanar, Calif. -1945. (Manzanar, CA), Jan. 1 1942. https://www.loc.gov/item/sn84025948/.
APA citation style:
(1942, January 1) Manzanar Free Press Manzanar, Calif. -1945. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/sn84025948/.
MLA citation style:
Manzanar Free Press Manzanar, Calif. -1945. (Manzanar, CA) 1 Jan. 1942. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, www.loc.gov/item/sn84025948/.