Newspaper Manzanar free press, March 17, 1943 Free press
About This Newspaper
- Manzanar free press, March 17, 1943
- Other Title
- Free press
- Contributor Names
- Library of Congress
- Place of Publication
- Manzanar, Calif.
- Created / Published
- Manzanar, Calif., March 17, 1943
- Subject Headings
- - Evacuation and relocation of Japanese Americans (United States : 1942-1945)
- - Japanese Americans--California--Newspapers
- - Japanese Americans--Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945--Newspapers
- - Manzanar (Calif.)--Newspapers
- - Inyo County (Calif.)--Newspapers
- - Japanese Americans
- - California
- - California--Inyo County
- - California--Manzanar
- - 1942-1945
- - United States--California--Inyo--Manzanar
- - Weekly, Aug. 18, 1945-Oct. 19, 1945
- - Vol. 1, no. 1 (Apr. 11, 1942)-v. 16, no. 7 (Oct. 19, 1945).
- - Published Apr. 11-May 31, 1942 at the Manzanar Assembly Center; June 1, 1942-Sept. 8, 1945 at the Manzanar Relocation Center.
- - Collected in Japanese camp papers.
- - "Internment camp newspaper."
- - Supplements accompany some issues.
- - Available on microfilm from the Library of Congress, Photoduplication Service; also available online.
- - Master negatives are available for duplication from: California Newspaper Microfilm Archive; positive copies may be purchased by the reel; for further information consult the CNMA at: http://cbsr.ucr.edu External
- - English and Japanese.
- - "Official publication of the Manzanar Relocation Center Administration and newspaper of Manzanar Community Enterprises."
- 6 pages
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- Reel Numbers
- Published Manzanar, Calif. | [Manzanar Relocation Center] | 1943-03-17
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MODSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
ContributorsLibrary of Congress
Evacuation and Relocation
Evacuation and Relocation of Japanese Americans (United States)
Inyo County (Calif.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with the user. The written permission of the copyright owners and other rights holders (such as holders of publicity or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.), or any other restrictions on the materials digitized for the collection Japanese-American Internment Camp Newspapers.
Items included here with the permission of rights holders are listed below and permission is noted in the catalog record for each item. In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Serial and Government Publications Division.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Chicago citation style:
Manzanar Free Press. (Manzanar, CA), Mar. 17 1943. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/sn84025948/1943-03-17/ed-1/. (Accessed February 22, 2018.)
APA citation style:
(1943, March 17) Manzanar Free Press. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/sn84025948/1943-03-17/ed-1/.
MLA citation style:
Manzanar Free Press. (Manzanar, CA) 17 Mar. 1943. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, www.loc.gov/item/sn84025948/1943-03-17/ed-1/.