Newspaper Manzanar free press (Manzanar, Calif.), May 26, 1943 Free press
About This Newspaper
- Manzanar free press (Manzanar, Calif.), May 26, 1943
- Other Title
- Free press
- Contributor Names
- Library of Congress
- Place of Publication
- Manzanar, Calif.
- Created / Published
- Manzanar, Calif., May 26, 1943
- Subject Headings
- - Evacuation and relocation of Japanese Americans (United States : 1942-1945)
- - Japanese Americans--California--Newspapers
- - Japanese Americans--Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945--Newspapers
- - Manzanar (Calif.)--Newspapers
- - Inyo County (Calif.)--Newspapers
- - Japanese Americans
- - California
- - California--Inyo County
- - California--Manzanar
- - 1942-1945
- - United States--California--Inyo--Manzanar
- Japanese American evacuation and relocation camp newspapers
- - Weekly, Aug. 18, 1945-Oct. 19, 1945
- - Vol. 1, no. 1 (Apr. 11, 1942)-v. 16, no. 7 (Oct. 19, 1945).
- - Published Apr. 11-May 31, 1942 at the Manzanar Assembly Center; June 1, 1942-Sept. 8, 1945 at the Manzanar Relocation Center.
- - Collected in Japanese camp papers.
- - "Internment camp newspaper."
- - Supplements accompany some issues.
- - Available on microfilm from the Library of Congress, Photoduplication Service; also available online.
- - Master negatives are available for duplication from: California Newspaper Microfilm Archive; positive copies may be purchased by the reel; for further information consult the CNMA at: http://cbsr.ucr.edu External
- - English and Japanese.
- - "Official publication of the Manzanar Relocation Center Administration and newspaper of Manzanar Community Enterprises."
- 4 pages
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- Reel Numbers
- Manzanar, Calif.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MODSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with the user. The written permission of the copyright owners and other rights holders (such as holders of publicity or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.), or any other restrictions on the materials digitized for the collection Japanese-American Internment Camp Newspapers.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Serial and Government Publications Division.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Manzanar Free Press. (Manzanar, CA), May. 26 1943. https://www.loc.gov/item/sn84025948/1943-05-26/ed-1/.
APA citation style:
(1943, May 26) Manzanar Free Press. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/sn84025948/1943-05-26/ed-1/.
MLA citation style:
Manzanar Free Press. (Manzanar, CA) 26 May. 1943. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, www.loc.gov/item/sn84025948/1943-05-26/ed-1/.