Newspaper The North Star (Rochester, N.Y.) 1847-1851
About this Newspaper
- The North Star (Rochester, N.Y.) 1847-1851
- Douglass, Frederick, 1818-1895.
Dates of Publication
Created / Published
- Rochester, N.Y. : W.C. Nell, 1847-
- - African Americans--New York (State)--Newspapers
- - Antislavery movements--United States--Newspapers
- - Rochester (N.Y.)--Newspapers
- - Monroe County (N.Y.)--Newspapers
- - African Americans
- - Antislavery movements
- - New York (State)
- - New York (State)--Monroe County
- - New York (State)--Rochester
- - United States
- - United States--New York--Monroe--Rochester
- Anti-slavery newspapers
- African American newspapers
- - Weekly
- - Vol. 1, no. 1 (Dec. 3, 1847)-
- - Ceased Apr. 1851?
- - Editor: Frederick Douglass.
- - Vol. 1, no. 2 issued Jan. 7, 1848.
- - Also issued on microfilm from the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service.
- - Also available in digital format on the Library of Congress website.
- - Latest issue consulted: Vol. 4, no. 17 (Apr. 17, 1851).
- - Frederick Douglass' paper (DLC)sn 84026366 (OCoLC)10426474
Call Number/Physical Location
- E449 .N86
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
- African American
- African American Newspapers
- African Americans
- Anti-Slavery Newspapers
- Antislavery Movements
- Monroe County
- Monroe County (N.Y.)
- New York
- New York (State)
- Rochester (N.Y.)
- United States
Rights & Access
The contents of the Frederick Douglass Newspapers collection are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Serial and Government Publications Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The North Star Rochester, N.Y. -1851. (Rochester, NY), Jan. 1 1847. https://www.loc.gov/item/sn84026365/.
APA citation style:
(1847, January 1) The North Star Rochester, N.Y. -1851. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/sn84026365/.
MLA citation style:
The North Star Rochester, N.Y. -1851. (Rochester, NY) 1 Jan. 1847. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, www.loc.gov/item/sn84026365/.