Newspaper New national era (Washington, D.C.), December 8, 1870 New national era and citizen
About this Newspaper
- New national era (Washington, D.C.), December 8, 1870
- New national era and citizen
- Library of Congress, Washington, DC
Place of Publication
- Washington, D.C.
Dates of Publication
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C., December 8, 1870
- - African Americans--Newspapers
- - African Americans--Washington (D.C.)--Newspapers
- - Washington (D.C.)--Newspapers
- - African Americans
- - Washington (D.C.)
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Weekly
- - Vol. 1, no. 35 (Sept. 8, 1870)-v. 5, no. 40 (Oct. 22, 1874).
- - Publishers: Frederick Douglass, 1870-1871; Douglass Bros., 1871-1873; New National Era and Citizen Co., 1873-1874; Douglass Bros., 1874.
- - Editors: Frederick Douglass, 1870-1872; Lewis H. Douglass, Richard T. Greener, John A. Cook, 1873; Lewis H. Douglass, 1873-1874.
- - Suspended Mar. 5-12, 1874.
- - Also issued on microfilm from the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service.
- - Archived issues are available in digital format from the Library of Congress Chronicling America online collection.
- - Also available in digital format on the Library of Congress website.
- - Absorbed: New citizen (Washington, D.C.).
- 4 pages
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- African American
- African Americans
- District of Columbia
- United States
- Washington (D.C.)
Rights & Access
The contents of the Frederick Douglass Newspapers collection are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Serial and Government Publications Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
New National Era. (Washington, DC), Dec. 8 1870. https://www.loc.gov/item/sn84026753/1870-12-08/ed-1/.
APA citation style:
(1870, December 8) New National Era. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/sn84026753/1870-12-08/ed-1/.
MLA citation style:
New National Era. (Washington, DC) 8 Dec. 1870. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, www.loc.gov/item/sn84026753/1870-12-08/ed-1/.