Newspaper The Nevada Democrat (Nevada, Calif.) 1854-1863
About this Newspaper
- The Nevada Democrat (Nevada, Calif.) 1854-1863
Dates of Publication
Created / Published
- Nevada, Calif. : Searls & Rolfe
- - Nevada City (Calif.)--Newspapers
- - California--Nevada City
- - United States--California--Nevada--Nevada City
- - Triweekly, Oct. 2, 1860-
- - Began in Feb. 1854? Cf. NIM.
- - Ceased in 1863. Cf. Gregory, W. Amer. newspapers.
- - Editors: Henry Shipley, <1855>; W.F. Anderson, <1856>-1857; Tallman H. Rolfe, <1863>.
- - Suspended for a short time 1856 due to fire. Cf. Kemble, E.C. Hist. of Calif. newspapers, 1846-1858.
- - Issues for Oct. 8, 1856-Sept. 26, 1860 also called whole no. 157-364.
- - Master negatives are available for duplication from: California Newspaper Microfilm Archive; positive copies may be purchased by the reel; for further information consult the CNMA at: http://cbsr.ucr.edu External
- - Archived issues are available in digital format from the Library of Congress Chronicling America online collection.
- - Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 21 (Feb. 1, 1854).
- volumes ; 61 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress believes that the newspapers in Chronicling America are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions. Newspapers published in the United States more than 95 years ago are in the public domain in their entirety. Any newspapers in Chronicling America that were published less than 95 years ago are also believed to be in the public domain, but may contain some copyrighted third party materials. Researchers using newspapers published less than 95 years ago should be alert for modern content (for example, registered and renewed for copyright and published with notice) that may be copyrighted. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The NEH awardee responsible for producing each digital object is presented in the Chronicling America page display, below the page image – e.g. Image produced by the Library of Congress. For more information on current NDNP awardees, see https://www.loc.gov/ndnp/listawardees.html.
For more information on Library of Congress policies and disclaimers regarding rights and reproductions, see https://www.loc.gov/homepage/legal.html
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Nevada Democrat Nevada, Calif. -1863. (Nevada City, CA), Jan. 1 1854. https://www.loc.gov/item/sn84026881/.
APA citation style:
(1854, January 1) The Nevada Democrat Nevada, Calif. -1863. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/sn84026881/.
MLA citation style:
The Nevada Democrat Nevada, Calif. -1863. (Nevada City, CA) 1 Jan. 1854. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, www.loc.gov/item/sn84026881/.