Newspaper Topaz times, August 19, 1943 Topaz Saturday times / Saturday Topaz times
About This Newspaper
- Topaz times, August 19, 1943
- Other Title
- Topaz Saturday times
- Saturday Topaz times
- Contributor Names
- Library of Congress
- Place of Publication
- Topaz, Utah
- Created / Published
- Topaz, Utah, August 19, 1943
- Subject Headings
- - Central Utah Relocation Center
- - Evacuation and relocation of Japanese Americans (United States : 1942-1945)
- - Japanese Americans--Utah--Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945--Newspapers
- - Topaz (Utah)--Newspapers
- - Japanese Americans
- - Utah
- - Utah--Topaz
- - 1942-1945
- - United States--Utah--Topaz
- - Weekly
- - Vol. 1, no. 1 (Oct. 27, 1942)-v. 12, no. 9 (Aug. 31, 1945).
- - Saturday issue has title: Topaz Saturday times, Dec. 5, 1942-Jan. 23, 1943; Saturday Topaz times, Jan. 30-Feb. 27, 1943.
- - Editor: E. Kirimura, ; T. Katayama, Jan. 30-Apr. 6, 1943.
- - Collected in Japanese camp papers.
- - Vol. 1, no. 1 preceded by 10 introductory issues published Sept. 17-Oct. 24, 1942 and called pre-issues no. 1-10.
- - Internment camp newspaper. Cf. Hady, M.E. and J.P. Danky. Asian-Amer. periodicals and newspapers.
- - Has supplements.
- - Also issued on microfilm from the Library of Congress, Photoduplication Service.
- - In English and Japanese.
- - Published at the Central Utah WRA Relocation Center established by the War Relocation Authority.
- 4 pages
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- Reel Numbers
- Published Topaz, Utah | [publisher not identified] | 1943-08-19
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MODSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
ContributorsLibrary of Congress
SubjectsCentral Utah Relocation Center
Evacuation and Relocation
Evacuation and Relocation of Japanese Americans (United States)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with the user. The written permission of the copyright owners and other rights holders (such as holders of publicity or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.), or any other restrictions on the materials digitized for the collection Japanese-American Internment Camp Newspapers.
Items included here with the permission of rights holders are listed below and permission is noted in the catalog record for each item. In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Serial and Government Publications Division.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Chicago citation style:
Topaz Times. (Topaz, UT), Aug. 19 1943. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/sn85040302/1943-08-19/ed-1/. (Accessed February 25, 2018.)
APA citation style:
(1943, August 19) Topaz Times. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/sn85040302/1943-08-19/ed-1/.
MLA citation style:
Topaz Times. (Topaz, UT) 19 Aug. 1943. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, www.loc.gov/item/sn85040302/1943-08-19/ed-1/.