Newspaper Johnstown weekly Democrat (Johnstown, Cambria County, Pa.), July 5, 1889 Johnstown Democrat / Weekly Democrat / Democrat
About this Newspaper
- Johnstown weekly Democrat (Johnstown, Cambria County, Pa.), July 5, 1889
- Johnstown Democrat
- Weekly Democrat
- Penn State University Libraries; University Park, PA
Place of Publication
- Johnstown, Cambria County, Pa.
Dates of Publication
Created / Published
- Johnstown, Cambria County, Pa., July 5, 1889
- - Johnstown (Cambria County, Pa.)--Newspapers
- - Pennsylvania--Johnstown (Cambria County)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Cambria--Johnstown
- - Weekly
- - Ceased in 1916. Cf. Gregory, W. Pa. newspapers.
- - Began in 1889?
- - Archived issues are available in digital format from the Library of Congress Chronicling America online collection.
- - Issued also in daily editions called: Johnstown daily Democrat <1888>-Sept. 13, 1894; and: Johnstown Democrat (Johnstown, Pa. : Daily), Sept. 14, 1894-Sept. 6. 1952.
- - Description based on: Vol. 27, no. 1 (Mar. 15, 1889).
- 8 pages
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
State/Province (Geographic Coverage)
- Johnstown (Cambria County)
- Johnstown (Cambria County, Pa.)
- United States
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress believes that the newspapers in Chronicling America are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions. Newspapers published in the United States more than 95 years ago are in the public domain in their entirety. Any newspapers in Chronicling America that were published less than 95 years ago are also believed to be in the public domain, but may contain some copyrighted third party materials. Researchers using newspapers published less than 95 years ago should be alert for modern content (for example, registered and renewed for copyright and published with notice) that may be copyrighted. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The NEH awardee responsible for producing each digital object is presented in the Chronicling America page display, below the page image – e.g. Image produced by the Library of Congress. For more information on current NDNP awardees, see https://www.loc.gov/ndnp/listawardees.html.
For more information on Library of Congress policies and disclaimers regarding rights and reproductions, see https://www.loc.gov/homepage/legal.html
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Johnstown weekly Democrat. (Johnstown, PA), Jul. 5 1889. https://www.loc.gov/item/sn86083274/1889-07-05/ed-1/.
APA citation style:
(1889, July 5) Johnstown weekly Democrat. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/sn86083274/1889-07-05/ed-1/.
MLA citation style:
Johnstown weekly Democrat. (Johnstown, PA) 5 Jul. 1889. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, www.loc.gov/item/sn86083274/1889-07-05/ed-1/.