Newspaper The Southerner (Tarboro', Edgecombe Co., (N.C.)) 1852-1867 Weekly southerner / Tarboro', N.C.) southerner / Tarboro southerner
About this Newspaper
- The Southerner (Tarboro', Edgecombe Co., (N.C.)) 1852-1867
- Weekly southerner
- Tarboro', N.C.) southerner
- Tarboro southerner
Dates of Publication
Created / Published
- Tarboro', Edgecombe Co., (N.C.) : Geo. Howard, Jr.
- - Tarboro (N.C.)--Newspapers
- - Edgecombe County (N.C.)--Newspapers
- - North Carolina--Edgecombe County
- - North Carolina--Tarboro
- - United States--North Carolina--Edgecombe--Tarboro
- - Weekly (except at Christmas)
- - Vol. 1, no. 1 (Jan. 3, 1852)-v. 43, no. 39 (Aug. 29, 1867).
- - Suspended for a few weeks in the summer of 1863.
- - Suspended for a few weeks at the beginning of 1864.
- - Numbering is erratic. Begins again with vol. 1 after each suspension.
- - Archived issues are available in digital format from the Library of Congress Chronicling America online collection.
- - Tarboro' southerner (Tarboro, N.C. : 1867) (DLC)sn 84026522 (OCoLC)10471512
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress believes that the newspapers in Chronicling America are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions. Newspapers published in the United States more than 95 years ago are in the public domain in their entirety. Any newspapers in Chronicling America that were published less than 95 years ago are also believed to be in the public domain, but may contain some copyrighted third party materials. Researchers using newspapers published less than 95 years ago should be alert for modern content (for example, registered and renewed for copyright and published with notice) that may be copyrighted. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The NEH awardee responsible for producing each digital object is presented in the Chronicling America page display, below the page image – e.g. Image produced by the Library of Congress. For more information on current NDNP awardees, see https://www.loc.gov/ndnp/listawardees.html.
For more information on Library of Congress policies and disclaimers regarding rights and reproductions, see https://www.loc.gov/homepage/legal.html
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Southerner Tarboro', Edgecombe Co., N.C. 1852 to 1867. (Tarboro, NC), Jan. 1 1852. https://www.loc.gov/item/sn90052434/.
APA citation style:
(1852, January 1) The Southerner Tarboro', Edgecombe Co., N.C. 1852 to 1867. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/sn90052434/.
MLA citation style:
The Southerner Tarboro', Edgecombe Co., N.C. 1852 to 1867. (Tarboro, NC) 1 Jan. 1852. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, www.loc.gov/item/sn90052434/.