Film, Video Interview with Disney Chairman and CEO Michael Eisner
About this Item
- Interview with Disney Chairman and CEO Michael Eisner
- Parade magazine Editor Walter Anderson interviewed Disney Chairman and CEO Michael Eisner. Eisner was asked to consider what we should have in mind as we enter the next century; what are the moral, academic and technological challenges we must face; and how should face them.
- Event Date
- October 05, 1999
- - This recording is not available.
- - Michael Eisner became chairman and CEO of Walt Disney Company in 1984. He has overseen the creation of a number of Disney's animated blockbusters, including "The Lion King" and "Aladdin," and engineered the successful merchandising of related products. Prior to joining Disney, Eisner served in a variety of positions at NBC, CBS and ABC and was president of Paramount Pictures.
- - Walter Anderson was editor of Parade magazine for 20 years and is currently chairman and CEO of that publication. Author of five books, including "The Confidence Course," Anderson is director of the National Dropout Prevention Fund, a national spokesperson for GED and an advisory board member of the National Center for Family Literacy Education and the Literacy Volunteers of America. In 1994 he received the Horatio Alger Award and the Jewish National Fund's Tree of Life Award. The father of two grown children, Anderson lives in White Plains, New York with his wife, Loretta.
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 19 minutes, 11 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Interview with Disney Chairman and CEO Michael Eisner. 1999. Online Text. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3285/.
APA citation style:
(1999) Interview with Disney Chairman and CEO Michael Eisner. [Online Text] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3285/.
MLA citation style:
Interview with Disney Chairman and CEO Michael Eisner. 1999. Online Text. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3285/>.