Film, Video The Jewish Book in America
About this Item
- The Jewish Book in America
- In the Fifth Annual Myron M. Weinstein Memorial Lecture on the Hebraic Book, the Joseph H. & Belle R. Braun Professor of American Jewish History at Brandeis University discussed the Jewish book in America.
- Event Date
- June 07, 2004
- - Jonathan Sarna is the Joseph H. & Belle R. Braun Professor of American Jewish History at Brandeis University and chairs the Academic and Editorial Board of the Jacob Rader Marcus Center of the American Jewish Archives. He also serves as chief historian of the National Museum of American Jewish History and of Celebrate 350 and is the author most recently of "American Judaism: A History."
- Running Time
- 43 minutes, 42 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Jewish Book in America. 2004. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3383/.
APA citation style:
(2004) The Jewish Book in America. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3383/.
MLA citation style:
The Jewish Book in America. 2004. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3383/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoA Bibliographer Encounters the Muses: Reflections on the Yiddish Theater and Its Legacy
- Contributor: Baker, Zachary M.
- Date: 2007-05-08
Film, VideoBreaking the Holocaust Silence: A Hidden Hasidic Text of 1947 - and Elie Wiesel
- Contributor: Greenberg, Gershon
- Date: 2009-05-13
Film, VideoTraditional Judaism or Reform
- Contributor: Rozenblit, Marsha
- Date: 2008-05-06
Film, VideoImages & Observations: Faces of Egypt
- Contributor: Doyle, Deborah Shea
- Date: 2014-06-26
Film, VideoIntroducing the Ethiopian Academy of Sciences
- Contributor: Fetene, Masresha
- Date: 2014-08-14