Film, Video Traditional Chinese Wisdom and Business World
About this Item
- Traditional Chinese Wisdom and Business World
- Hsu Cho-Yun, professor of history and sociology at the University of Pittsburgh, will suggest how entrepreneurs can use traditional Chinese wisdom to promote business success.
- Event Date
- August 17, 2004
- - A professor at the University of Pittsburgh for more than 30 years, Hsu Cho-Yun currently holds the position of Special Distinguished Research Fellow at Academia Sinica in Taiwan. The author of 40 books and 114 articles in Chinese and English, Hsu revolutionized the field of study on Chinese agrarian history with the publication of his pivotal works titled "The Han Agriculture" and "Ancient China in Transition."
- Running Time
- 1 hours 7 minutes 29 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Traditional Chinese Wisdom and Business World. 2004. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3392/.
APA citation style:
(2004) Traditional Chinese Wisdom and Business World. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3392/.
MLA citation style:
Traditional Chinese Wisdom and Business World. 2004. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3392/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoJapanese Collections: Past, Present and Future In a symposium presented in conjunction with a display in the Library's Asian Reading Room, the Library of Congress celebrated the 80th anniversary of its Japanese collections.
- Contributor: Yokoyama, Manabu - Hammond, Ellen - Young, Peter - Chiku, Kakugyo - Brown, Carolyn - Ito, Eiichi
- Date: 2010-09-21
Film, VideoConfucianism as a World Cultural Heritage Rep. Al Green, Hsu Cho-Yun, Robert Scott, Jason Yuan, Kung Ling-He, Rep. Mike Honda, Paul Youshing Shao, Anna Chennault and Rep. Judy Chu speak at a symposium on Confucianism as a world...
- Date: 2010-09-15
Film, VideoUnite Our Voices by Speaking Together Roswell Encina gave the keynote address for the Library's celebration of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month.
- Contributor: Encina, Roswell
- Date: 2017-05-11
Film, VideoIs a History of North Korea Without Kim II-Sung Possible? Andre Schmid argued that the type of North Korean materials available in the Library of Congress enable us to understand the early history of North Korea without always returning to the words...
- Contributor: Schmid, Andre
- Date: 2017-04-25
Film, VideoExperimental Shadow Theater in Contemporary Bali, Indonesia In recent years, several dalang (shadow masters) in both Bali and Java have presented reinterpreted shadow puppet performances of ancient Indonesian texts as part of considering religious pluralism and tolerance. It is...
- Contributor: Sudarta, Gusti - McGraw, Andy
- Date: 2017-10-18