Film, Video The Great Unraveling
About this Item
- The Great Unraveling
- Mr. Krugman economist, professor and New York Times columnist, discussed his recent book, "The Great Unraveling," which has just been issued in paperback.
- Event Date
- July 21, 2004
- - Paul Krugman was born in 1953, got his Ph.D. from MIT in 1977, and has since taught at Yale and Stanford as well as MIT. He also spent a year working at the White House (Council of Economic Advisers) in 1982-3. In 1991 he received the John Bates Clark Medal, given by the American Economic Association every two years to an economist under 40. He is currently an economics professor at Princeton University. Krugman has written or edited 18 books and several hundred articles. He is also a columnist for the New York Times.
- Running Time
- 26 minutes 1 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Great Unraveling. 2004. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3405/.
APA citation style:
(2004) The Great Unraveling. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3405/.
MLA citation style:
The Great Unraveling. 2004. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3405/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoThe Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) Stephen Rinehart discussed the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS), which will launch in 2017 and search for planets outside our solar system.
- Contributor: Rinehart, Stephen
- Date: 2015-10-08
Film, VideoProstate Cancer Update Elizabeth Platz discusses the current state of research and treatment of prostate cancer as part of Prostate Cancer Awareness Month.
- Contributor: Platz, Elizabeth
- Date: 2015-09-29
Film, VideoBreast Cancer Update Robert Clarke provides an update on current research and treatment for breast cancer, as part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- Contributor: Clarke, Robert
- Date: 2015-10-15
Film, VideoNew Horizons: Journey to Pluto & Beyond Dennis Reuter presented NASA's first close-up images of Pluto.
- Contributor: Reuter, Dennis
- Date: 2015-12-08
Film, VideoChina's Role in Global Clean Energy Technology Development Joanna Lewis discussed China's role in developing clean energy technology.
- Contributor: Lewis, Joanna
- Date: 2015-10-27