Film, Video Jewish Women's Issues
About this Item
- Jewish Women's Issues
- Author Susan Weidman Schneider, editor-in-chief of Lilith, discussed her experiences of more than two decades at the helm of this award-winning Jewish women's magazine.
- Event Date
- March 30, 2004
- - Susan Schneider is the author of "Jewish and Female," "Intermarriage: The Challenge of Living with Differences between Christians and Jews" and "Head and Heart: A Woman's Guide to Financial Independence." For her work on Lilith, Schneider was awarded a Polakoff Lifetime Achievement Award in journalism. She has also been honored by Hadassah with the Golden Wreath Award and the Eleanor Roosevelt Prize by the American Jewish Congress (AJC). The AJC and the Israel Women's Network honored her in the Knesset, together with Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg, as one of a select group of Jewish Women Who Have Made a Difference.
- Running Time
- 47 minutes 48 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jewish Women's Issues. 2004. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3411/.
APA citation style:
(2004) Jewish Women's Issues. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3411/.
MLA citation style:
Jewish Women's Issues. 2004. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3411/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoUnderstanding Egyptian Cuisine & Culture In this lecture, Amy Riolo defines Egyptian cuisine, explains how the food is central to Egyptian culture, and talks about food throughout Egyptian history.
- Contributor: Riolo, Amy
- Date: 2013-09-04
Film, VideoPoetry Reading by Merrill Leffler Merrill Leffler speaks about his new book, "Mark the Music."
- Contributor: Leffler, Merrill
- Date: 2013-09-24
Film, VideoThe Grand Museum, Egypt Muhammad Gamal discusses Egypt's Grand Museum.
- Contributor: Gamal, Muhammad
- Date: 2013-03-01
Film, VideoCultural & Historical Perspectives on Iraqi Cuisine Two award-winning authors -- Annia Ciezadlo and Nawal Nasrallah -- discuss their work and Iraqi cuisine.
- Contributor: Nasrallah, Nawal - Ciezadlo, Annia
- Date: 2013-09-12
Film, VideoGreen Desert: Olzhas Suleimanov Poet and author Olzhas Suleimanov is regarded as one of Kazakhstan's and Central Asia's most influential intellectuals. He read from "Green Desert," the first comprehensive translation of his works into the English...
- Contributor: Suleimanov, Olzhas
- Date: 2013-11-05