Film, Video Jewish Women's Issues
About this Item
- Jewish Women's Issues
- Author Susan Weidman Schneider, editor-in-chief of Lilith, discussed her experiences of more than two decades at the helm of this award-winning Jewish women's magazine.
- Event Date
- March 30, 2004
- - Susan Schneider is the author of "Jewish and Female," "Intermarriage: The Challenge of Living with Differences between Christians and Jews" and "Head and Heart: A Woman's Guide to Financial Independence." For her work on Lilith, Schneider was awarded a Polakoff Lifetime Achievement Award in journalism. She has also been honored by Hadassah with the Golden Wreath Award and the Eleanor Roosevelt Prize by the American Jewish Congress (AJC). The AJC and the Israel Women's Network honored her in the Knesset, together with Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg, as one of a select group of Jewish Women Who Have Made a Difference.
- Running Time
- 47 minutes 48 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jewish Women's Issues. 2004. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3411/.
APA citation style:
(2004) Jewish Women's Issues. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3411/.
MLA citation style:
Jewish Women's Issues. 2004. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3411/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoThe Somali Collections at the Library of Congress Abdulahi Ahmed discusses the Somali collections at the Library of Congress.
- Contributor: Ahmed, Abdulahi
- Date: 2012-12-13
Film, VideoThe Jewish Book Since the Invention of Printing A lecture by Dr. Emile Schrijver on the history of the Jewish book since the invention of printing.
- Contributor: Schrijver, Emile
- Date: 2012-10-25
Film, VideoJewish Life in Mr. Lincoln's City Laura Cohen Apelbaum and Wendy Turman spoke about and showed a power point presentation on the new exhibit at the Jewish Historical Society of Greater Washington on "Jewish Life in Mr. Lincoln's...
- Contributor: Turman, Wendy - Cohen Apelbaum, Laura
- Date: 2009-05-19
Film, VideoLiterature and Nation-Building in the Writings of 'A'isha Taymur (1840-1902) Mervat Hatem, professor of political science at Howard University, presented a talk titled "Literature and Nation-Building in the Writings of 'A'isha Taymur (1840-1902)."
- Contributor: Hatem, Mervat
- Date: 2009-05-08
Film, VideoRecovering the Memory of a Muslim World Hero: Emir Abdel-Kader, 1808-1883 John W. Kiser, author of "Commander of the Faithful: The Life and Times of Emir Abd el-Kader" presented a lecture titled "Recovering the Memory of a Muslim World Hero: Emir Abdel-Kader, 1808-1883"...
- Contributor: Kiser, John W.
- Date: 2009-04-28