Film, Video Judgment Days: Lyndon Baines Johnson, Martin Luther King Jr. and the Laws That Changed America
About this Item
- Judgment Days: Lyndon Baines Johnson, Martin Luther King Jr. and the Laws That Changed America
- Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Nick Kotz discussed his new book, "Judgment Days: Lyndon Baines Johnson, Martin Luther King Jr. and the Laws That Changed America" (Houghton Mifflin, 2005), where he draws upon newly available resources, including President Johnson's taped telephone conversations, FBI wiretap logs and recently declassified communications between the FBI and the president, to examine challenges faced by Johnson and King following the death of President John F. Kennedy. This event is part of the Center for the Book's "Books & Beyond" author series.
- Event Date
- March 01, 2005
- - Nick Kotz is the author of five previous books on politics, social justice and the civil rights movement. A renowned journalist, he has received a Pulitzer Prize and a National Magazine Award. He lives in Broad Run, Va.
- Related Resources
- The Center for the Book: https://www.loc.gov/cfbook
- Running Time
- 1 hours 24 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Judgment Days: Lyndon Baines Johnson, Martin Luther King Jr. and the Laws That Changed America. 2005. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3684/.
APA citation style:
(2005) Judgment Days: Lyndon Baines Johnson, Martin Luther King Jr. and the Laws That Changed America. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3684/.
MLA citation style:
Judgment Days: Lyndon Baines Johnson, Martin Luther King Jr. and the Laws That Changed America. 2005. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3684/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoNick Kotz: 2014 National Book Festival Nick Kotz appears at the 2014 Library of Congress National Book Festival in Washington, D.C.
- Contributor: Kotz, Nick
- Date: 2014-08-30
Film, VideoThe Road to Home: My Life and Times Vartan Gregorian, president of Carnegie Corporation of New York, discussed his new autobiography
- Contributor: Gregorian, Vartan
- Date: 2003-05-19
Film, VideoThe Cherry Blossom Festival: Sakura Celebration Ann McClellan discussed her new book, "The Cherry Blossom Festival: Sakura Celebration," at the Library of Congress at on Wednesday, March 30, 2005. The lavishly illustrated volume chronicles the history of the...
- Contributor: McClellan, Ann
- Date: 2005-03-30
Film, VideoNational Literary Society of the Deaf Becomes Center for the Book Reading Promotion Partner A program of public events at the Library marked the new partnership between the Center for the Book and the National Literary Society of the Deaf. The Center for the Book, NLSD,...
- Date: 2007-03-13
Film, VideoThe State of the Book Industry 2007 What is the long-term effect of consolidation in the publishing industry? What are the latest sales trends in publishing and in the library market? How is the digital environment changing the book...
- Contributor: Greco, Albert N. - Wharton, Robert M.
- Date: 2007-06-28